[SOLVED - just .ZIP then upload] Allow song file uploads?

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
HepCat

30 Nov 2016

I didn't use the old Propellerheads forum much at all, but l vaguely recall being able to upload song files?

I'm probably the only person that doesn't have Soundcloud but in case there are others that also don't have it, perhaps allow song files to be uploaded as attachment? Perhaps with a 90-day time limit before auto-delete to save on storage space.
Last edited by HepCat on 01 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Galaxy

30 Nov 2016

If you have a propellerhead login, which I imagine you do cause you're here. Just upload your song to your Allihoopa account, and link it here.

HepCat

30 Nov 2016

Thing is, my login doesn't work on Allihoopa. Checked, double checked, triple checked, all possible permutations checked and double checked too.

I suppose l could make my own Allihoopa account.

Would l need to submit actual Reason files?
Would l need to be on a higher version of Reason?

I thought Allihoopa was purely for collab work?

deepndark

30 Nov 2016

HepCat wrote:Thing is, my login doesn't work on Allihoopa. Checked, double checked, triple checked, all possible permutations checked and double checked too.

I thought that Allihoopa is for collabs too by letting us upload Reason saves til I heard the files only contain audio of your Reason project.

Galaxy

30 Nov 2016

Ahh, didn't see that in your signature. You're still on R6.5. Allihoopa was a R8.somthing update :(

Sorry bout that. Why not just create your self a SoundCloud account? I'm not sure if you can just upload audio files straight to Allihoopa. Think it's straight from app upload.

Galaxy

30 Nov 2016

deepndark wrote:
HepCat wrote:Thing is, my login doesn't work on Allihoopa. Checked, double checked, triple checked, all possible permutations checked and double checked too.

I thought that Allihoopa is for collabs too by letting us upload Reason saves til I heard the files only contain audio of your Reason project.
Allihoopa for collab only works if the artist uploads a file to build on or separate stems. It's a pretty shitty way to go about collabs. Can't upload the actual Reason file. It's basically a direct to cloud export of your master output.

It's actually hard to find decent material to work with when ppl just use it for finished song uploads. Or use #vocals #acapella, and there's music included.

deepndark

30 Nov 2016

Galaxy wrote:
deepndark wrote:

Allihoopa for collab only works if the artist uploads a file to build on or separate stems. It's a pretty shitty way to go about collabs. Can't upload the actual Reason file. It's basically a direct to cloud export of your master output.

It's actually hard to find decent material to work with when ppl just use it for finished song uploads. Or use #vocals #acapella, and there's music included.
Yup. I suggested that we could upload reason saves as they are - and included another suggestions about REs, i.e. when other users have a Re that you don't have, it would also still open up but with a blank GUI.

Kenni
Site Admin

30 Nov 2016

deepndark wrote: Yup. I suggested that we could upload reason saves as they are - and included another suggestions about REs, i.e. when other users have a Re that you don't have, it would also still open up but with a blank GUI.
Well, the thing right now is that a song.reason file can be huge.

Imagine a Reason project with mainly vocals and guitar recordings. Those files can easily be 500 Mb, we would reach our storage capacity max in no time.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

deepndark

30 Nov 2016

Kenni wrote:
deepndark wrote: Yup. I suggested that we could upload reason saves as they are - and included another suggestions about REs, i.e. when other users have a Re that you don't have, it would also still open up but with a blank GUI.

Imagine a Reason project with mainly vocals and guitar recordings. Those files can easily be 500 Mb, we would reach our storage capacity max in no time.
Is there currently a maximum storage?
Anyway, maybe we could have 2Gb limit and buy more for lets say 3 Eur a month?
Other way around tho, if my suggestion to let people load up Re:s they don't have (with a blank RE GUI) - would reduce from stem storage capacity a lot. :puf_smile:

Kenni
Site Admin

30 Nov 2016

deepndark wrote:
Kenni wrote:

Other way around tho, if my suggestion to let people load up Re:s they don't have (with a blank RE GUI) - would reduce from stem storage capacity a lot. :puf_smile:
But 2Gb in that context with 500Mb reason project files equals 4 project uploads :)

Say only 3 songs gets upload (even deleting them after some time), that will leave little to no space for images and other things that people share.

Our storage capacity would realisticly need to be in the area of 1000 Gb (this is the amount of traffic reasontalk.com generates a month with only pictures and text), and then it gets too expensive for a site privately driven.

Edit: Are you talking about ReasonTalk selling storage space to it's users?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

selig
RE Developer

30 Nov 2016

Any forum member is welcome so start their own hosting service for Reason song files - just share a post here so everyone knows where it is!
Selig Audio, LLC

deepndark

30 Nov 2016

Kenni wrote:
deepndark wrote:
Kenni wrote:

But 2Gb in that context with 500Mb reason project files equals 4 project uploads :)

Say only 3 songs gets upload (even deleting them after some time), that will leave little to no space for images and other things that people share.

Our storage capacity would realisticly need to be in the area of 1000 Gb (this is the amount of traffic reasontalk.com generates a month with only pictures and text), and then it gets too expensive for a site privately driven.

I was talking about Allihoopa and nothing about ReasonTalk. :)
BTW: My reasonheads.net had unlimited storage for very little costs. Are you sure it's 1000Gb and not Mb? :geek:
Last edited by deepndark on 30 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

deepndark

30 Nov 2016

selig wrote:Any forum member is welcome so start their own hosting service for Reason song files - just share a post here so everyone knows where it is!
Why not suggesting the Props to do that with Allihoopa instead?

selig
RE Developer

30 Nov 2016

deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:Any forum member is welcome so start their own hosting service for Reason song files - just share a post here so everyone knows where it is!
You are certainly free to do so if you feel strongly about it. The Props used to do this, but discontinued the service years ago, so I'm not holding my breath that their spinoff company will do things any differently.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

deepndark

30 Nov 2016

selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:
You are certainly free to do so if you feel strongly about it. The Props used to do this, but discontinued the service years ago, so I'm not holding my breath that their spinoff company will do things any differently.
I'm being optimisitic that the Props feel, that my idea seems good for them.

selig
RE Developer

30 Nov 2016

deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:
So that means you've suggested it already? ;)

Remember, the USED to do this but stopped - you'll have to convince them to go back to doing something they no longer want to do.
Selig Audio, LLC

deepndark

30 Nov 2016

selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:

Remember, the USED to do this but stopped - you'll have to convince them to go back to doing something they no longer want to do.
OMG, you're such a pessimist. :puf_bigsmile:

Kenni
Site Admin

30 Nov 2016

deepndark wrote:
Kenni wrote:
deepndark wrote:
Kenni wrote:

BTW: My reasonheads.net had unlimited storage for very little costs. Are you sure it's 1000Gb and not Mb? :geek:
Yes, web hotels and dedicated servers/VPS are two entirely different things :)

I'm betting you that the reason props didn't build a community where they allow for reason projects to be uploaded is because of storage.

Mind you, I've seen, and even have myself project files that are well over 1,5 GB. Building allihoopa around the fact that you export a summed bounce makes good sense to me. Project files would be way more practical for collaboration and other things though, I agree.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Kenni
Site Admin

30 Nov 2016

Also, thought you ment we should support it since it's in the reasontalk bugs and suggestions forum :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

deepndark

30 Nov 2016

Kenni wrote:
deepndark wrote:
Kenni wrote:
deepndark wrote:
Kenni wrote:

Yes, web hotels and dedicated servers/VPS are two entirely different things :)

I'm betting you that the reason props didn't build a community where they allow for reason projects to be uploaded is because of storage.

Mind you, I've seen, and even have myself project files that are well over 1,5 GB. Building allihoopa around the fact that you export a summed bounce makes good sense to me. Project files would be way more practical for collaboration and other things though, I agree.
My biggest project is somewhere 600mb - because it's a remix and uses stems. My own audio originals are way more smaller because I record vocals only. But I feel like my Re related suggestion is so good, as it would reduce storage at least 80%.

selig
RE Developer

30 Nov 2016

deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:

Actually I'm an extreme optimist. But I'm also a realist because I don't like being disappointed. I like to read the signs and base my assumptions on lots of data. Like video support, I'd love to see a place to share song files. So here's my question for you - are you going to WAIT until a single entity does what you want, or are you a man of action and going to make it happen? I use Logic for Video, I use Dropbox for song file sharing. IF other options come available I'll consider them, but I'm not waiting around for the Props to do everything I need! Are you?
Selig Audio, LLC

deepndark

30 Nov 2016

Kenni wrote:Also, thought you ment we should support it since it's in the reasontalk bugs and suggestions forum :)
No problem, I was just bringing this up here as the OP discussed about it. :puf_wink:

deepndark

30 Nov 2016

selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:

Actually I'm an extreme optimist. But I'm also a realist because I don't like being disappointed. I like to read the signs and base my assumptions on lots of data. Like video support, I'd love to see a place to share song files. So here's my question for you - are you going to WAIT until a single entity does what you want, or are you a man of action and going to make it happen? I use Logic for Video, I use Dropbox for song file sharing. IF other options come available I'll consider them, but I'm not waiting around for the Props to do everything I need! Are you?
No. But I'm making suggestions in the future too, if I think it is useful to me or also others. You can't get fish if you don't throw your fishing rod in. :)

selig
RE Developer

30 Nov 2016

deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:

No. But I'm making suggestions in the future too, if I think it is useful to me or also others. You can't get fish if you don't throw your fishing rod in. :)
I'm already pulling out more fish than I can eat, so that's why I'm not asking for a new rod or different fishing hole…
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

deepndark

30 Nov 2016

selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:
selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:

I'm already pulling out more fish than I can eat, so that's why I'm not asking for a new rod or different fishing hole…
;)
Haha! :D

• Information