The ranks are gone

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
deepndark

26 Sep 2016

The ranks are gone after you updated the forum software. May I ask that what version this software is?

Kenni
Site Admin

26 Sep 2016

The ranks were actually removed two days ago, prior to the update.

We removed them, because they were a leftover from the old forum platform and served no real purpose. For some users, it gave the added headache of receiving a lot of PM's based on their "Certified Pro" forum rank :)

I'm not sure we're going to miss them, but if you disagree, please tell me!
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

deepndark

26 Sep 2016

No, the ranks propably are not a must for any forum, but you could always Re-do the ranks in a different way. :puf_smile:

avasopht
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2016

I've always thought they were lame when they indicated any sort of status, .. which is why I did like the first set of titles that were quite clearly not serious.

esselfortium

26 Sep 2016

Thank you, this is much better!
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

deepndark

26 Sep 2016

I must say the ranks kind of make me pissed off too, when I really think about it. It's like giving you a honor without a reason. Reason!

Kenni
Site Admin

26 Sep 2016

esselfortium wrote:Thank you, this is much better!
Yeah, isn't it? :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

deepndark

26 Sep 2016

Kenni wrote:
It is, but I can't copy this idea for my hosted forum. :?

Kenni
Site Admin

26 Sep 2016

deepndark wrote:
Kenni wrote:
Please elaborate.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

deepndark

26 Sep 2016

Kenni wrote:
deepndark wrote:
Kenni wrote:
Please elaborate.
What I meant was that I think no ranks is a good idea but I don't dare to copy this idea for the reasonheads.net ;)

joeyluck

26 Sep 2016

Yeah rankings don't serve any purpose since they are tied to a user's post count and their post count is visible with every comment anyways.

I was one of the ones expressing that I didn't want to be labeled as a 'certified pro' :puf_smile:
Just don't want my words to potentially carry more weight with a misleading titled.
I remember thinking the same thing when I was labeled a 'CV expert' haha.

I could see a system working that awarded those who help others by having surveys attached like "Did this answer your question/solve your problem?" But otherwise, the titles can just be misleading. Even tying it to the number of likes doesn't give enough info to give titles other than 'popular.'

jappe

26 Sep 2016

Sadly, I'm now clueless how to handle CV :(

Hey, perhaps have badges instead of ranks. Coaching badges for number of replies in others threads in the music and other forums. Content badges for number of created threads in each forum etc
Last edited by jappe on 26 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.

deepndark

26 Sep 2016

joeyluck wrote:Yeah rankings don't serve any purpose since they are tied to a user's post count and their post count is visible with every comment anyways.

I was one of the ones expressing that I didn't want to be labeled as a 'certified pro' :puf_smile:
Just don't want my words to potentially carry more weight with a misleading titled.
I remember thinking the same thing when I was labeled a 'CV expert' haha.

I could see a system working that awarded those who help others by having surveys attached like "Did this answer your question/solve your problem?" But otherwise, the titles can just be misleading. Even tying it to the number of likes doesn't give enough info to give titles other than 'popular.'
I have never liked any forum if you can downthumb over there. Can you believe it how lots of proper threads get downthumbed for no reason. Reason!

deepndark

26 Sep 2016

jappe wrote:Sadly, I'm now clueless how to handle CV :(
Mostly you just connect a filter to a LFO and can call yourself a CV Guru.
Anyway, LFO is propably the most used way to control CV anyway. The modular matrix is kind of a front panel CV.
But yeah, if I can be arsed I'm gonna try some new ways to build CV controlled sounds. The CV also is kind of like automation. And I am not the best expert of it myself.

Skullture

27 Sep 2016

I'm kinda old school about this. I like the rankings, it has a very zeroties kinda vibe on user boards. :puf_bigsmile:

scratchnsnifff

20 Jan 2017

I simply joined this forum to become a cv expert
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Creativemind

20 Jan 2017

Took me ages as well to get rid of my rank which I cannot remember what it was now. Didn't sound like me whatever it was anyway and was glad I reached enough posts to get rid of it about 4 months ago and now it didn't matter anyway lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

jappe

11 Feb 2017

Skullture wrote:I'm kinda old school about this. I like the rankings, it has a very zeroties kinda vibe on user boards. :puf_bigsmile:
It's kind of nice to have.
It triggers the same neurons that makes people do extremely repetitive tasks in for example World Of Warcraft just to feel the pleasure of getting an Achievement badge/title

For the Music Forum it could be nice to have Achievement Badges for X, Y and Z # of distinct replies in other members Song threads.
There could even be an additional Top Song Reviewers competition. That could clear some of the zero reviews we see.

C//AZM

08 Mar 2017

I used to look at the rank instead of the person's actual name a lot. That guy Dabbler sure does post a lot.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2017

C//AZM wrote:I used to look at the rank instead of the person's actual name a lot. That guy Dabbler sure does post a lot.
LOL :lol:

• Information