Quotes inside quotes inside qoutes.....

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
AttenuationHz

01 Aug 2016

So I am not sure If you can already do this but is it possible to quote someone without quoting what they quoted in the reply. I currently have to delete my reply to them in the quote field. I now from other forums if you quote someone its the reply that your quoting not the entire message they wrote back to you. It would make threads more readable.
Last edited by AttenuationHz on 02 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

selig
RE Developer

01 Aug 2016

AttenuationHz wrote:…is it possible to quote someone without quoting what they quoted in the reply…
Edit the quote before posting, as did above with your quote.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

AttenuationHz

01 Aug 2016

selig wrote:
AttenuationHz wrote:…is it possible to quote someone without quoting what they quoted in the reply…
Edit the quote before posting, as did above with your quote.
:)
Yes that is what I am currently doing! :idea:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

joeyluck

01 Aug 2016

AttenuationHz wrote:Yes that is what I am currently doing! :idea:
In many cases it's best to leave it alone.

For example, this reply I am making here... I deleted your previous comment along with selig's (that were nested when I quoted your last response).

If it were pages into the thread, someone just sees my reply with you saying, "That is what I'm doing" and me saying "just leave it alone!"
I just removed all the context; which some would argue makes things harder to follow. "Doing what and leave what alone?"

Of course, not everything will translate that vague when edited.
Just saying that I think it is best by default to have all the nested quotes and allow the user to edit as they think is efficient for the conversation. While some might go about it the wrong way, deleting too much, or misquoting somebody—we'll clean it up :puf_smile:

Just my two cents

AttenuationHz

02 Aug 2016

Found a bug with quotes inside quotes. When you quote someone and add an attachment in your reply if they have an attachment that's in the quoted field in your reply the attachment you, eh attached, will overwrite the attachment they placed in the quoted field. (too many attachments in that sentence)

Original post here http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 67#p275667
AtchBug.PNG
AtchBug.PNG (105.79 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
Showing the preview but submitted post is the same. Now edited.

• Information