Nektar Remote mappings (OVER 10,000 views)

List your suggestions here!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Propellerheads software.
User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2484
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 27 Mar 2016

There is a great thread in the Hardware section which I believe needs to be
A) in the Rack extension section
B) I think needs a sub-forum in the Rack Extension section. (failing that a sticky in that forum)

The current thread http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7491466 has had over 10000+ views and the thread content is covering many different RE's hence why I think it needs a sub-forum.

I don't have a problem being a Mod on this sub-forum along with Lizard.

Of course this sub-forum could include all remote mappings for other keyboards as well but other people will have to manage the content for that.

Please give my request some thought.

Thanks
Carly aka PoohBear
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 23 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2484
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 01 Apr 2016

Any response for this request? Yes, No it's being discussed?

Regards.

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 432
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Apr 2016

tumbleweed_zps99ed90be.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2484
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 12 Apr 2016

Bump...

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2484
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 28 Apr 2016

Bump...

dana
Posts: 335
Joined: 29 Apr 2015

Post 04 May 2016

I think this is a good idea

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2484
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 02 Jun 2016

over 2 full months and no response from an admin.... sad :(

OverneathTheSkyBridg
Posts: 299
Joined: 15 Jan 2016

Post 15 Jun 2016

This is a good idea I love it!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

OverneathTheSkyBridg
Posts: 299
Joined: 15 Jan 2016

Post 03 Jul 2016

I really think this thread should have it's own sub forum where people can post the maps as separate posts. It might make searching through them that much easier.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 986
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 03 Jul 2016

I think instead of a subforum it would be more useful to have a source repository on github for remote maps.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace.

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 432
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Jul 2016

If it can't/won't be done here I can create a repository at my website CombintorHQ where if the TX files are created in a downloadable zip file you can retrieve the ones you want. If people would be in favor chime in. If not... chime in anyway. ;)

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2484
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 04 Jul 2016

Lizard wrote:If it can't/won't be done here I can create a repository at my website CombintorHQ where if the TX files are created in a downloadable zip file you can retrieve the ones you want. If people would be in favor chime in. If not... chime in anyway. ;)
I would really like to have a sub forum here..

Ideally a document(code) management system is what we need.. With CombintorHQ can more than one person edit an existing file?

We will still a thread here which holds the main updated file (like the one we have), so you can just copy over the main file as some people won't want to start opening and editing files. (I won't be surprise if some people have not used our file as there is no installer for it...)

Might also be a good idea to come up with standard to write the mappings in..
I like my headings and ending comments as I find it easy when scrolling about the main file, as sometimes I just scroll too far and takes me a second to realise I'm looking at the wrong mappings etc.

User avatar
arqui
Posts: 194
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 06 Jul 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:There is a great thread in the Hardware section which I believe needs to be
A) in the Rack extension section
B) I think needs a sub-forum in the Rack Extension section. (failing that a sticky in that forum)

The current thread http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7491466 has had over 10000+ views and the thread content is covering many different RE's hence why I think it needs a sub-forum.

I don't have a problem being a Mod on this sub-forum along with Lizard.

Of course this sub-forum could include all remote mappings for other keyboards as well but other people will have to manage the content for that.

Please give my request some thought.

Thanks
Carly aka PoohBear
I adhere to your request and would call Reason Remote maps
tumbs up :thumbs_up:
     

User avatar
Kenni
Site Admin
Posts: 1244
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post 08 Jul 2016

For some reason, this thread dodged all my radars.

Since it's a thread aimed at a piece of hardware, I think it sits well in the hardware forum.

However, I do agree that remote mappings deserves an area on it's own - There's currently plans for a ReasonTalk 2.0 that will feature a repository section separate from the forum with user uploaded content. Remote Mappings is definitely a category in this repository, which would sit good with a dedicated search function.

Edit: For now, the thread is stickied! :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2484
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 08 Jul 2016

Kenni wrote:For some reason, this thread dodged all my radars.

Since it's a thread aimed at a piece of hardware, I think it sits well in the hardware forum.

However, I do agree that remote mappings deserves an area on it's own - There's currently plans for a ReasonTalk 2.0 that will feature a repository section separate from the forum with user uploaded content. Remote Mappings is definitely a category in this repository, which would sit good with a dedicated search function.

Edit: For now, the thread is stickied! :)
At last we have been noticed ;)

Thank you for the sticky..

It's hard one if the thread is software or hardware however the remote mapping is 100% software....... to join software with hardware LOL

My main point is that there already is a remote mapping scope sticky in the RE section.
I think more people check out the RE section than Hardware (could be wrong but for ages I did not really follow anything in the hardware section).

How far off is ReasonTalk 2.0 ?

Anyone new will find it hard going through the thread, the main mapping at the beginning can only be keep up to date by one person (the OP).

Question: as an Admin can you edit other peoples existing threads? (my thought here if we had one main sticky thread can the admins update it or is it case that if another admin wants to update it, you have to delete the existing one and create a new one).

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest