I'm sorry, but I'm not getting used to it ...

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
reason2dance

13 Jan 2016

Don't get me wrong: It's great that after the termination of the classic Propellerhead forum the community was able to manage it to transfer to another place of destination. But please let me say that as a long time (classic) Propellerhead forum member I simply can't get used to the "new" structure of REASONTALK. To my mind there are far too many sections and subsections.

For my personal taste it's somehow very tedious to stay in the loop without wearing the computer's point and click hardware ;). Maybe that's the reason why I'm not here that often.

Is there any chance for a useful simplification?

eusti

13 Jan 2016

The "New Posts" button isn't simplifying things at all? Or not enough?

D.

reason2dance

13 Jan 2016

eusti wrote:The "New Posts" button isn't simplifying things at all? Or not enough?

D.
Of course. If you put a preservation order on your forum cookie and return fifty times a day :puf_smile: ...

eusti

13 Jan 2016

I guess then it comes down to how fast you need to read new stuff on the forum...
And how thoroughly you want to be informed...
You could just check it once a day and simply disregard the forums that you aren't interested in...

Personally I stay away from Reason Music, Hardware and other Software & The Kitchen unless I have a lot of time on my hands...
Forum Rules and Announcements and ReasonTalk Bugs and Feature Suggestion only come up very rarely and I just skim if I'm interested in the topic or I think I might have something to contribute...
That leaves the not super busy Refills and Patches and the General Area + RE section that I'm most interested in and seem most busy to me...
So, for me not much changed compared to the PUF. ;)

D.

chk071

17 Jan 2016

I'm actually glad that there are reasonably amount of forum sections here. IMO, there's nothing worse than having to browse through loads of posts to find what you are looking for, and categorizing topics does a lot to simplify that, and keeping a forum clear. Found the PUF forum horrible in that regard tbh. Also i wonder who on earth decided that it would be a good idea to make that weird tree topic view a default for browsing...
:reason: :rebirth:

moneykube

18 Jan 2016

it was due to the vision of our Thor like overlords.... do not question that hammer... ever... men in black on your doors... 24 our surveillance and the odd gremlin fucking with your mixes.... where did that sample disappear to???... the same place all the left socks that go, that go
missing after wash day... the rabbit hole runs deep... take the blue pill... :puf_smile:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Osmose

18 Jan 2016

reason2dance wrote:Don't get me wrong: It's great that after the termination of the classic Propellerhead forum the community was able to manage it to transfer to another place of destination. But please let me say that as a long time (classic) Propellerhead forum member I simply can't get used to the "new" structure of REASONTALK. To my mind there are far too many sections and subsections.

For my personal taste it's somehow very tedious to stay in the loop without wearing the computer's point and click hardware ;). Maybe that's the reason why I'm not here that often.

i actually find the Tapatalk app very usefull, just a list of last placed posts without alot of distraction.
But the last post function under quick links is slowly making its way in my daily habit as well..
Soundcloud/Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quit the mind, your not quite the mind"- Arcturus Ra -

joeyluck

18 Jan 2016

Osmose wrote:
reason2dance wrote:Don't get me wrong: It's great that after the termination of the classic Propellerhead forum the community was able to manage it to transfer to another place of destination. But please let me say that as a long time (classic) Propellerhead forum member I simply can't get used to the "new" structure of REASONTALK. To my mind there are far too many sections and subsections.

i actually find the Tapatalk app very usefull, just a list of last placed posts without alot of distraction.
But the last post function under quick links is slowly making its way in my daily habit as well..
Ahh you must still be using the 'prosilver' board style. 'Elegance' puts the 'New Posts' link out in the open :puf_smile:

Osmose

19 Jan 2016

Ow, didnt even notice a theme changing function.. I definitely need to hang around more around here [emoji14]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI P7-L10 met Tapatalk
Soundcloud/Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quit the mind, your not quite the mind"- Arcturus Ra -

joeyluck

19 Jan 2016

Osmose wrote:Ow, didnt even notice a theme changing function.. I definitely need to hang around more around here [emoji14]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI P7-L10 met Tapatalk
Haha. Yeah I'm not sure why the different looks also have different layouts. I believe the 'Elegance' theme is now the default.

• Information