BUG?? Chaining Combinators with Thor

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
philosurfer

28 Sep 2015

I am stuck...

Configuration:
- Combinator 1
-- Thor 1
--- using sequencer
--- mapping seq.gate -> cv1 out
--- mapping seq.note -> cv2 out
---- notes being sent from seq are in the C3-C4 range
- Combinator 2
-- receiving Thor1.cv1.out -> gate
-- receiving Thor1.cv2.out -> note
-- 4 other instruments in this combinator

Problem:

When receiving notes from Thor.1.cv2 (note) , they are being received 5 scales lower on the Comb.2 then what is being played on Thor1.seq

In an attempt to see if this was the Thor1.seq being the problem... i changed the Thor.1.programmer send the notes from the played midi instead of sequencer to the Thor1.cv2.out ... The still problem persists... thinking this might be a bug in Thor?

Using the latest v.8.3d92 build.

Screencast of the problem in action. http://www.screencast.com/t/cLaoqGR2Fza

Is this a bug? or am I doing something dumb?

Thanks in advance.

philoSurfer

selig
RE Developer

28 Sep 2015

There are dedicated CV outs for the sequencer in Thor, so you don't need to use the Mod Matrix routing to achieve this. Should solve your issue if I'm understanding you correctly.
:)
For whatever reasons, the Seq.note out sends a "zero" when the note knob is in the center position, with negative numbers below that and positive above. In other words, it's a bi-polar "offset" rather than an absolute note value. I'm guessing this is so you can use this value internally on an oscillator that has it's key tracking turned off, since under those circumstances it makes total sense.
Selig Audio, LLC

philosurfer

28 Sep 2015

selig wrote:There are dedicated CV outs for the sequencer in Thor, so you don't need to use the Mod Matrix routing to achieve this. Should solve your issue if I'm understanding you correctly.
Worked perfectly.. .don't know why I missed this.
I really need to quit smoking dope. :P
selig wrote: For whatever reasons, the Seq.note out sends a "zero" when the note knob is in the center position, with negative numbers below that and positive above. In other words, it's a bi-polar "offset" rather than an absolute note value. I'm guessing this is so you can use this value internally on an oscillator that has it's key tracking turned off, since under those circumstances it makes total sense.
This actually makes a lots of sense now that you put it that way. Just a little deceiving from the Seq.note display.. you expect that note to be sent... they should add a note next to the CV out explaining this somehow...

selig++

You solved my problem buddy. {digital high five}

• Information