Why is it so hard/confusing to do text hyperlinks?

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
mbfrancis

15 Sep 2015

Am I doing something wrong? On every other forum software I've used you highlight the text you want to make a link, select the 'link' button, and then there's a pop-up where enter the URL you want to link to.

Here there's the URL button, which puts URL brackets around my text...what does that do? Nothing. You don;t need it for URLs, becasue those become links automatically.

If I roll over the URL button it gives me the convention for making a ink, but 1) I have to type it all in manually and 2) it doesn't work in preview (you have to post to see if it works).

Again, am I missing something? Can this please be fixed or improved?
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Olivier

15 Sep 2015

The idea with the url button is to make links like these

Code: Select all

[url=Actual URL]Link text[/url]
Maybe another text editor can easily be implemented. I don't know. We'll have to look into this :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

mbfrancis

15 Sep 2015

eauhm wrote:The idea with the url button is to make links like these

Maybe another text editor can easily be implemented. I don't know. We'll have to look into this :)
Thanks for responding. I understand how it works, but in use it's very cumbersome to actually use, especially when it doesn't have to be. If there is a WYSIWIG option that includes standard text linking, that would be great.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

jappe

17 Sep 2015

mbfrancis wrote:
eauhm wrote:The idea with the url button is to make links like these

Thanks for responding. I understand how it works, but in use it's very cumbersome to actually use, especially when it doesn't have to be. If there is a WYSIWIG option that includes standard text linking, that would be great.
+ 1,
I don't understand the point in having the Url tool if it doesn't render a template with the proper format where I can add a link text in a simple way.
I never add link texts because of this.

• Information