[SOLVED] "remember me"

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
Kenni
Site Admin

15 Jul 2015

Gaja wrote:Ok I'm gonna bow out for a while. I'm getting more annoyed by this issue than is good for conversation. I'll check back in a few weeks or so, see if the issue is fixed.
Ah, but I ment, if you use the "Remember me" function, does it actually remember you, like it does for everyone else? It's pretty important knowledge for me, because if it works, it might be something with the sessions keep-a-live when you don't use remember me, that doesn't work correctly.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Gaja

16 Jul 2015

I use the remember me feature, of course, but it doesn't remember me. Sometimes it does, but then I get logged out before I get to reading the forst post.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

hydlide

16 Jul 2015

I'll try to swing this at a different angle Gaja, since I have noticed something and I am quite curious if this is the case. Could you try doing the following for me:

- browse a post (and check if you are still logged in, I would think this will still be the case)
- wait for 25 minutes (but keep the browser open while doing this)
- post a reply on some post... and see if this logs you out

I have a hunch. therefor I am asking you to do this ;)

Ps, the 25 minute delay is quite important in this "test".

Gaja

17 Jul 2015

Well it might be a while until I have the time to actually try this, for work reasons. Does it need to be 'exactly' 25 minutes, or 'at least' 25 minutes? Because exactly 25 minutes will be much more difficult to achieve.

While I'm waiting for the opportune moment to actually do the test, I can say that it feels familiar. After reading Theo's marathon Post I had to log in again in order to reply.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

hydlide

17 Jul 2015

Gaja, at least 25 minutes ;)
and take your time. I am more or less curious what the outcome will be once you done this since it might shed some light on the subject.

Gaja

22 Jul 2015

Alright so I just managed to do the test. After fourty minutes wit a thread open I was able to comment without being logged out. But I guess we'd need a few more tests to get representative results.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gaja

24 Jul 2015

So in the last ten minutes of browsing I've been logged out three times. That's a log out about every three minutes. Is there gonna be a fix for this? Are you still on it?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

gak

24 Jul 2015

Forgive if I'm wrong, but the key I got from Hydlide was that he wanted to know what happened and may be onto something.

My ipad is STILL logged in from the last time I posted about it.

Gaja

24 Jul 2015

gak wrote:Forgive if I'm wrong, but the key I got from Hydlide was that he wanted to know what happened and may be onto something.

My ipad is STILL logged in from the last time I posted about it.
Yeah maybe I'm a bit impatient. It's just that I loved this place a lot and now it's mainly frustrating to be here because of this. So I'm basically just anticipating being able to enjoy my favourite part of the internet once again.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

gak

24 Jul 2015

Trust me, the only reason I'm following this is because I WANT you get it solved. Considering you are not the only one, it's important. But I can promise you that what I've seen in the last month that these guys are INTO IT. So, there is a problem, and I'm absolutely certain it will be resolved.

By all means, keep posting results. There has to be a reason (no pun intended)

Gaja

24 Jul 2015

I know they're onto it. I'm mainly fishing for an update on the process. Like for example why I can stay logged in for fourty minutes and post a reply, but have to log in every three minutes when browsing.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Kenni
Site Admin

24 Jul 2015

I'll keep monitoring this thread. I detected a slight mismatch between the boards session settings and the servers session settings.

For this to trigger those issues is highly unlikely though, but we will see if you report more issues about this today. :)

Please keep me posted!
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Gaja

24 Jul 2015

Thanks for replying!
So I just had to log in five times in two minutes, just to get to reply to this post.

Edit: that's anoter six times since I wrote this post. It's slowly starting to get ridiculus (no offense, I know you're all working really hard to make it happen and I'm very grateful for it!).
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Kenni
Site Admin

24 Jul 2015

Gaja wrote:Thanks for replying!
So I just had to log in five times in two minutes, just to get to reply to this post.

Edit: that's anoter six times since I wrote this post. It's slowly starting to get ridiculus (no offense, I know you're all working really hard to make it happen and I'm very grateful for it!).
It doesn't make any sense what so ever. Nobody has those kind of problems. Does this even happen with the "Remember me" ?

Did you remember to "Delete all board cookies" in the bottom of the forum page? This sounds like you have conflicting cookies saved on your computer.

Also, what is your OS and browser?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Gaja

24 Jul 2015

Kenni wrote:
Gaja wrote:Thanks for replying!

It doesn't make any sense what so ever. Nobody has those kind of problems. Does this even happen with the "Remember me" ?

Did you remember to "Delete all board cookies" in the bottom of the forum page? This sounds like you have conflicting cookies saved on your computer.

Also, what is your OS and browser?
I activate remember me everytime I log in. I did delete board cookies twice already and will do so one more time, maybe it helps. Also I deleted all browser cookies as well. Sorry for being the troublemaker :)

Edit: forgot to tell you I'm using Mercury iOS 8, but the issue existed on opera, safari, and chrome as well.
I cleared Forum cookies again to no avail.
Tomorrow I'll update iOS to the latest version and see if that fixes it.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gaja

25 Jul 2015

So I updated to the latest iOS version and cleared Forum cookies once again, but I still get logged out.
I think it's completely reasonable to expect user error behind this, but I don't know which settings would cause this. As I said remember me works on other forums and places, like the Props site, with all the browsers I mentioned. What else could I do to help you guys figure out the thing? It's a proper challenge I guess...
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gaja

26 Jul 2015

I have tried to delete forum cookies and browser cookies on all of my browsers and still get logged out. Most of the time (if I have observed that correctly) I get logged out when opening a topic. When that happens I noticed that on the bottom of the page it says that I'm browsing the Forum, even though I'm logged out.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

InavigableHeart

02 Sep 2015

It's been better than it used to be but this is [NOT SOLVED] for me. I'm on The latest ios and have tried all the suggestions above numerous times. Sometimes I stay logged in for a week, but today and yesterday, I've been logged out twice now. I wonder if this relates to any forum work going on behind the scenes? Although I don't post much I look at the forum most days, it'd be great to just stay logged in like I did on the old forum.

Is anyone else still getting logged out, or is it just me?

Gaja

02 Sep 2015

I'm using tapatalk now, where the problem doesn't happen. But then again I can't participate in Polls nor see their results, or manage friends and foes. So once in a while I check back on the site and it still happens to me.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

• Information