[SOLVED] "remember me"

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
Arsenic

08 Jul 2015

Just happened again. Left the forum open on on tab whilst I was browsing some shops, came back to the forum and had to log in again.
Julibee wrote:.....It's starting to bug me.
Yeah, it's wearing a bit thin now.....

Kenni
Site Admin

08 Jul 2015

I'm not at the computer now, but could you please click "Clear all forum cookies" in the bottom right of the index page, and login again and see if it fixes it?

Since the switch, I've changed the cookie logics a few times to nail this problem, so you may have junk cookies disturbing it all.

Since the fix the other day, I haven't been logged out once, not even on my phone or closing my browser.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Julibee

09 Jul 2015

Kenni wrote:I'm not at the computer now, but could you please click "Clear all forum cookies" in the bottom right of the index page, and login again and see if it fixes it?

Since the switch, I've changed the cookie logics a few times to nail this problem, so you may have junk cookies disturbing it all.

Since the fix the other day, I haven't been logged out once, not even on my phone or closing my browser.
Ok! Sounds good! I tried that!

Then I surfed to another website and came back. I was logged out. FYI.
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

Kenni
Site Admin

09 Jul 2015

Julibee wrote:
Kenni wrote:I'm not at the computer now, but could you please click "Clear all forum cookies" in the bottom right of the index page, and login again and see if it fixes it?

Ok! Sounds good! I tried that!

Then I surfed to another website and came back. I was logged out. FYI.
What browser are you using? And what Operating system?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Arsenic

09 Jul 2015

I cleared all board cookies and the logged in again from scratch. Set the remember me on login and checked to make sure it shows up in my profile.

I spent some time here and then opened another tab to surf elsewhere. When I came back i had to log back in again.

I'm using Firefox 39.0

Kenni
Site Admin

09 Jul 2015

I have purged the cache, and changed the hash of the cookie name one last time.

This should solve it for all. If it doesn't, I really don't know what's causing this issue.

This will require those of you who have problems to "Delete all forum cookies" in the lower right, logout, and login again.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

zeebot

09 Jul 2015

Arsenic wrote:I cleared all board cookies and the logged in again from scratch. Set the remember me on login and checked to make sure it shows up in my profile.

I spent some time here and then opened another tab to surf elsewhere. When I came back i had to log back in again.

I'm using Firefox 39.0
Same just happened to me, I'm using Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m

Its just a little annoyance nothing major, I'm sure will get solved eventually.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Arsenic

09 Jul 2015

It did it again a few minutes ago. So I have cleared the board cookies again and reset the remember me option. Lets see if this works.

ScuzzyEye

09 Jul 2015

When the cookie name was changed, it would have logged everyone out. So it happening to anyone after Kenni's post, was expected.

Arsenic

10 Jul 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:When the cookie name was changed, it would have logged everyone out. So it happening to anyone after Kenni's post, was expected.
Yes, it was expected. What I meant was that I had been logged out when Kenni had reset the cookie - so I reset everything at that point and tried again. It then happened yet again about 30 minutes after the cookie had been changed and after I had reset the board cookies following Kenni's post.

I have now cleared board cookies and reset everything again and so far today, it has behaved itself, so let's see what happens

gak

10 Jul 2015

Still having good luck here.

jappe

11 Jul 2015

Hi, I cannot post anything using Safari/yosemite because Reasontalk does not keep me logged in.
clearing browser cookies and clicking Delete All Board Cookies did not help.

Gaja

12 Jul 2015

jappe wrote:Hi, I cannot post anything using Safari/yosemite because Reasontalk does not keep me logged in.
clearing browser cookies and clicking Delete All Board Cookies did not help.
Same thing here using mercury, dolphin, safari, opera and chrome on my iPad. Just had to log in three times to get into the Rack Extensions Forum.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

gak

12 Jul 2015

I can't confirm.

Posting this from iPad/safari.

Gaja

13 Jul 2015

Well on my end the problem is still very present. Last night I stopped browsing the Forum, because I got logged out about every two minutes and was too annoyed to go on with it.
Edit: well I'll clear forum cookies again, see what happens...
Edit2: cleared cookies, but didn't work got logged out again during browsing.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

gak

13 Jul 2015

Sorry still logged in here

Kenni
Site Admin

13 Jul 2015

Hi Guys,

If you still have problems, can you please report with the following template:

Browser:
Browser addons, if any:
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

jappe

13 Jul 2015

Kenni wrote:Hi Guys,

If you still have problems, can you please report with the following template:

Browser:
Browser addons, if any:
Hi,
Yes this problem persists.

Browser: safari
Addons:Nexus personal+QuickTime 7.7.3

jappe

13 Jul 2015

Heh, it works now - but only if I click "Remember Me".
But surely, my session shouldn't time out immediately even if I haven't selected "remember me"?
It's like the session timeout is 3 seconds or something.

Kenni
Site Admin

13 Jul 2015

Hmm, I'll take a look at the session keep-alive tonight. This might be the small issue you're experiencing really
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Gaja

13 Jul 2015

Browser: Mercury (problem also exists with dolphin, safari, opera)
No Browser addons afaik
Cleared Browser cookies and Forum cookies to no avail.
I randomly get logged out, when entering or leaving Forums or Threads, or Thread pages, or using the previous page button, once I got logged out while submitting a post. I really can't properly reproduce it, as it is seemingly unpredictable.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Kenni
Site Admin

13 Jul 2015

Gaja wrote:Browser: Mercury (problem also exists with dolphin, safari, opera)
No Browser addons afaik
Cleared Browser cookies and Forum cookies to no avail.
I randomly get logged out, when entering or leaving Forums or Threads, or Thread pages, or using the previous page button, once I got logged out while submitting a post. I really can't properly reproduce it, as it is seemingly unpredictable.
Is this even utilizing "Remember me" ?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

gak

13 Jul 2015

Still logged in on ipad as well (safari/8.4)

Gaja

14 Jul 2015

Kenni wrote: Is this even utilizing "Remember me" ?
Well... It remembers my password and username, so I don't have to fill that in manually all the time, so I've vot that going for me, which is nice. And sometimes I can switch forums and threads a couple times before being logged out, sometimes I can even close the browser and come back and I'm still logged in, but then, when I get back to browsing, I get logged out again.
As I said, behaviour is quite unpredictable and does not seem to follow any rules.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gaja

15 Jul 2015

Ok I'm gonna bow out for a while. I'm getting more annoyed by this issue than is good for conversation. I'll check back in a few weeks or so, see if the issue is fixed.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

• Information