[SOLVED] Letter of the day....."w"

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
gak

05 Jul 2015

W seems to be washed out after submitting a post. Please help us Elmer Fudd fans.

gak

06 Jul 2015

I guess I change some schemes and see if that helps. Kinda weird to view.

Kenni
Site Admin

06 Jul 2015

Im not sure I understand this issue correctly.

Can you take a screenshot of your problem?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

gak

06 Jul 2015

No because I don't have a host to post the pic. But since it's only obvious to me, I'll try and explain better :)

The "w" (and just slightly "m" ) is washed out in the center. It looks like someone took an eraser to the center part of "w"

Zooming in helps some, but it's really obvious here.

ScuzzyEye

06 Jul 2015

It's the font anti-aliasing. What OS are you using? I've seen that on Linux, when full hinting isn't enabled. But Windows and Mac OS are usually pretty good at not having this issue, regardless of font size.

gak

06 Jul 2015

Ah, now we are getting someplace.

I'm win 7 x64

I think I saw somewhere that you can change this somewhere. Now I can find it :(

Kenni
Site Admin

06 Jul 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:It's the font anti-aliasing. What OS are you using? I've seen that on Linux, when full hinting isn't enabled. But Windows and Mac OS are usually pretty good at not having this issue, regardless of font size.
Now I get it! Yeah, I've seen this issue even on new Windows X machines. A combination of font, not optimal screen resolution (a skewed 15.5:9 resolution for a 16:9 monitor), anti-aliasing etc.
gak wrote:Ah, now we are getting someplace.

I'm win 7 x64

I think I saw somewhere that you can change this somewhere. Now I can find it :(
Just for fun, try and hit your screens "Auto adjust" button while having Reasontalk open
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

ScuzzyEye

06 Jul 2015

Kenni wrote:A combination of font, not optimal screen resolution (a skewed 15.5:9 resolution for a 16:9 monitor), anti-aliasing etc.
That'll do it every time, if you have ClearType enabled. ClearType does sub-pixel addressing, by knowing the order of the RGB elements of each pixel. So it can anti-aliases at a 1/3 of pixel level. But that requires being able to address pixels 1:1. If the resolution that Windows is using doesn't match the resolution of the screen, the sub-pixel addressing will get messed up.

gak, if that's your case, try adjusting the resolution to be the same as your display (optimal). Oh, saw the title was changed to [SOLVED], so I guess what ever it was, it's fixed anyway. :)

gak

06 Jul 2015

I don't remember changing to "solved" :(

eusti

06 Jul 2015

gak wrote:I don't remember changing to "solved" :(
That might have been Kenni then...

D.

• Information