Issues with my audio-MIDI interface issues

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
linny
Posts: 6
Joined: 28 Apr 2024

Post 28 Apr 2024

Hello, I tried connecting my Tascam US-144 to record in Reason and I encountered a problem. I'd previously had this issue but it had resolved itself. Unfortunately it's back. Essentially I hear intermittent crackling, and any time I try to play audio (or video) with my interface plugged in, the audio plays for a fraction of a second, freezes for a few, plays again for a fraction, freezes, and keeps going in this cycle. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers as well as the firmware, and it didn't help.

Here is a video demonstrating the issue:


How do I fix this?

linny
Posts: 6
Joined: 28 Apr 2024

Post 05 May 2024

I've tried replacing the USB cable as well, with no change. I've re-uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers as well.

User avatar
spacepluk
Posts: 110
Joined: 17 Apr 2019
Location: Berlin

Post 05 May 2024

Have you tried different (bigger) buffer sizes?

User avatar
spacepluk
Posts: 110
Joined: 17 Apr 2019
Location: Berlin

Post 05 May 2024

Or maybe the Sample Clock Source is incorrect.

linny
Posts: 6
Joined: 28 Apr 2024

Post 05 May 2024

spacepluk wrote:
05 May 2024
Or maybe the Sample Clock Source is incorrect.
How do I fix it? I've tried different buffer sizes.

EDIT: I take it back, I don't actually have the option to change buffer sizes. The bar is greyed out.
Last edited by linny on 05 May 2024, edited 2 times in total.

linny
Posts: 6
Joined: 28 Apr 2024

Post 05 May 2024

Okay I found out where to change it, gonna see if it makes a difference

EDIT: It does not in fact make a difference

User avatar
spacepluk
Posts: 110
Joined: 17 Apr 2019
Location: Berlin

Post 05 May 2024

Maybe try different ports or a powered usb hub. Does the interface work at all with other programs? Also, does Reason work with the built-in audio?

linny
Posts: 6
Joined: 28 Apr 2024

Post 05 May 2024

spacepluk wrote:
05 May 2024
Maybe try different ports or a powered usb hub. Does the interface work at all with other programs? Also, does Reason work with the built-in audio?
Audio sounds the same regardless of the USB port and regardless of the source of audio. If I watch a Youtube video with my interface plugged in, it stutters all the same. Reason works fine if I use built-in audio.

User avatar
spacepluk
Posts: 110
Joined: 17 Apr 2019
Location: Berlin

Post 05 May 2024

It sounds like a driver issue, maybe it doesn’t work with your version of Windows… or maybe that the port isn’t giving it enough power. I think the usb powered hub is worth a try, disabling phantom power might help too if that is the reason.

You could also try contacting Tascam .

linny
Posts: 6
Joined: 28 Apr 2024

Post 06 May 2024

spacepluk wrote:
05 May 2024
It sounds like a driver issue, maybe it doesn’t work with your version of Windows… or maybe that the port isn’t giving it enough power. I think the usb powered hub is worth a try, disabling phantom power might help too if that is the reason.

You could also try contacting Tascam .
I'll try contacting them, thank you for the advice!

User avatar
mimidancer
Posts: 759
Joined: 30 Sep 2021

Post 14 May 2024

linny wrote:
28 Apr 2024
Hello, I tried connecting my Tascam US-144 to record in Reason and I encountered a problem. I'd previously had this issue but it had resolved itself. Unfortunately it's back. Essentially I hear intermittent crackling, and any time I try to play audio (or video) with my interface plugged in, the audio plays for a fraction of a second, freezes for a few, plays again for a fraction, freezes, and keeps going in this cycle. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers as well as the firmware, and it didn't help.

Here is a video demonstrating the issue:


How do I fix this?
what is your hyperthred setting? if it is set to auto. change it to a number. Is your DSP pegging?

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests