Arturia Announcement Today April 9 6pm CEST/12 noon EST

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
QVprod

12 Apr 2024

selig wrote:
12 Apr 2024
QVprod wrote:
12 Apr 2024
It’s actually $1599 USD. Competitively priced with the cheaper versions of flagship keyboards.
It's anywhere from $1599 to $2199 online, $1999 is what is quoted on the Arturia site - not sure which price to use so picked the one on the Arturia site (which is currently sold out fwiw)!
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 9.00.13 PM.png
https://www.arturia.com/products/hardwa ... 1/overview
Likely MSRP. You know how that goes. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... e-keyboard

jlgrimes

19 Apr 2024

QVprod wrote:
10 Apr 2024
I really thought RS would have done this with elk like they were showing off a few years ago. Native Instruments should’ve done this by now as well. As simple as this keyboard is, it’s genius! The stage intended keyboard market is pretty boring compared to what software can do and this is a step in the right direction. I wonder if they’ll also make a flagship that has more of the V Collection functionality.
I'm more baffled at why NI hasn't done it, as they already have a headstart with Maschine+ and already have a Komplete Kontrol keyboard.

Running Kontakt libraries via hardware would be cool, with a bit of Massive X and FM8, on the side but I'm guessing they might be figuring out how to do it efficiently as you would want a big fast powerful hard drive, and a nice processor.

This probably would be prohibitively expensive as well.

Maschine + is their experiment into that realm so they probably got a good idea of the hardware it would take.

avasopht
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2024

jlgrimes wrote:
19 Apr 2024
QVprod wrote:
10 Apr 2024
I really thought RS would have done this with elk like they were showing off a few years ago. Native Instruments should’ve done this by now as well. As simple as this keyboard is, it’s genius! The stage intended keyboard market is pretty boring compared to what software can do and this is a step in the right direction. I wonder if they’ll also make a flagship that has more of the V Collection functionality.
I'm more baffled at why NI hasn't done it, as they already have a headstart with Maschine+ and already have a Komplete Kontrol keyboard.

Running Kontakt libraries via hardware would be cool, with a bit of Massive X and FM8, on the side but I'm guessing they might be figuring out how to do it efficiently as you would want a big fast powerful hard drive, and a nice processor.

Maschine + is their experiment into that realm so they probably got a good idea of the hardware it would take.
It's not that difficult.

Just put in a decent CPU.

Ableton managed to ship Push 3 Standalone with an 11th-generation i3 processor.

AMD can match M1 on power and performance (not sure about cost). Intel will debut backside power delivery in 2024 (super more efficient, cheaper to produce, and will make way for much more powerful and efficient CPUs and GPUs overall at a slightly lower cost).

It might take a while, but an SoC CPU with backside power delivery could be taken advantage of for software-driven standalone devices.

QVprod

20 Apr 2024

avasopht wrote:
19 Apr 2024
jlgrimes wrote:
19 Apr 2024

It's not that difficult.

Just put in a decent CPU.

Ableton managed to ship Push 3 Standalone with an 11th-generation i3 processor.

AMD can match M1 on power and performance (not sure about cost). Intel will debut backside power delivery in 2024 (super more efficient, cheaper to produce, and will make way for much more powerful and efficient CPUs and GPUs overall at a slightly lower cost).

It might take a while, but an SoC CPU with backside power delivery could be taken advantage of for software-driven standalone devices.
Thinking back to the Neko that was out in the 2000s. It’s certainly very possible. Even more so now. The Korg Kronos was basically just that. Sample size for the pianos were pretty large though granted not as large as some Kontakt libraries. TB hardrives are much cheaper.

NI has just been ignoring the live keyboard market which is a shame for how well Komplete Kontrol Works

• Information