Panorama P1 Device Errors: "function must return a table.."

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
mbfrancis

02 Mar 2024

Hello, hopefully someone can help--

I am running Reason 12 on a W10 laptop using a Scarlett 18i20.

I recently got a P1 because I thought it would be an ideal controller for Reason. After a few weeks and multiple emails to support I cannot get it to even talk to Reason without errors or crashing.

* To start I factory reset the device and installed the latest firmware
* I ran the two installers
* I followed the Reason directions to the letter

First it seemed to install fine, but every time I touched a fader the unit froze and I couldn't control anything.

After that I couldn't get Reason to even communicate with the device - I kept getting the same dialog box saying: "Control Surface Inactivated” for both - in Preferences both deices show red error Xs and when clicked say “Nektar, PanoramaP1. MIDI output: remote_deliver_midi(): function must return a table..”

Since then, per Nektar Support, I uninstalled everything, including the driver, and reinstalled everything one at a time, restarting in between.

* Reason doesn't see the devices.
* When devices are manually installed, I get the same "Control Surface Inactivated" error.
* This happens when I use the MIDI in/out that Support suggested or not.
* Sometimes it will see the Mixer but I get the same error

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? I've never had such difficulty getting basic functionality - I get if all the mapping is complicated, but I can't get the thing to even talk to Reason without errors or crashing.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

For fun / masochism here's a video of what I'm seeing...It's long but there are long periods where I am restarting, factory rest, etc. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/i5wk73y8 ... wphj3&dl=0
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

• Information