SQ64 Usb clock Slave - Reason Master - No Sync??

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Re8et
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2024

Hallo, I have this stupid SQ64 USB clock slave to Reason, but it doesn't want to start the sync...

Reason Sees the SQ64, the SQ64 passes the Midi from Reason to an external Synth.
Everything fine--- :geek:

I want to record the Reason Midi onto the SQ64 as if it was an external Midi input only using Usb...
Midi input recs to SQ64 patterns using the standard Midi connector has always worked...

Internal clock is set to USb in the SQ64 and Reason is set to send Midi clock and transport.
But the SQ64 just don't want to listen to anything... :oops:

SQ64 Tempo doesn't display its slave, Reason plays at one tempo, and SQ64 stays on its one.
Play on Reason and the SQ64 doesn't start play----

Has anyone tried this and has a clue on what could be possibly going on???
Screenshot 2024-02-20 alle 00.40.44.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-20 alle 00.40.44.jpg (237.11 KiB) Viewed 293 times
Screenshot 2024-02-20 alle 01.06.19.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-20 alle 01.06.19.jpg (165.03 KiB) Viewed 288 times

Re8et
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2024

I'll be damned...

I have tried ext syncing with a Mac mini M2 with Sonoma, Reason 12 Master, no way...
Reason played midi notes that were sent to an external Synth through the SQ64 but transport and tempo didn't start...
I tried to update from 2.2 to 2.3 with the Mac mini, the updater couldn't see the SQ64...

I switched to windows 10 pc...
the updater worked like a breeze at first attempt...
Started Reason on Win Pc, same parameters and settings as the Mac mini Reason...

SQ64 set to ext USB slave. Reason Midi out sent to SQ64 Seq in. In Reason Preferences Midi sent to SQ64 and Sync out on.
SQ64 started in sync with Reason 11...
SQ64 Recorded a random seq sent from Reason 11 to the selected midi channel ref. track...

PS: Idk if the update was essential or not, but after switching back to the Mac, the SQ64 again refused to sync...
Reason sees it, same as before the update... so it seems to be a Mac mini M2 Sonoma issue atp...
Screenshot 2024-02-20 alle 02.08.28.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-20 alle 02.08.28.jpg (60.93 KiB) Viewed 278 times

mimidancer

19 Feb 2024

the SQ 64 can receive clock 3 ways but only one at a time. It can be set to SYNC IN jack, MIDI IN, and USB MIDI IN. Make sure in global you have it set to USB in.

Re8et
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2024

mimidancer wrote:
19 Feb 2024
the SQ 64 can receive clock 3 ways but only one at a time. It can be set to SYNC IN jack, MIDI IN, and USB MIDI IN. Make sure in global you have it set to USB in.
But which one enables recs???

Last time I checked with Win 10 and Reason 11 DAW to ext clock, and it worked, partially, by partially I mean the seq was playing, but
the tempo knob wasn't locked to ext, it kept displaying the internal clock.

On the Mac, the updater didn't even see the SQ64 ( Sonoma 14.4 ) On Win, the Updater worked... then
The ext recording also worked. This was last time I checked. I recorded a few patterns, without modulations, and called it a day...
I had Midi out set to SQ64 -SEQ. If I used MIDI OUT, only passthrough worked, but no rec.

Today I, now I might say, I am trying again. Same settings, cables, etc. The SQ64 starts the playback, but it does not record anything...
I reset a couple of times to check if maybe the connection was at fault with Reason, or something.
I swapped from SQ64-SEQ to SQ-64 MIDI OUT. SEQ option does start and stop the playback, but no Midi is passed.
With MIDI OUT option, MIDI is passed, but no rec whatsoever... :( :bang:

PS: There is not a single YT video, explaining EXT REC, and or PC/MAC DAW use. Nor Actual footage of ext Rec of Modulation sources
(like a simple ramp CC 0 to 127 to a specific track, Midi ch, etc, bc yeah... resolution matters... what kind of straight ramp can ever be accomplished with stepped CC? Does the MOD recs infrastep CC's as well, without quant???). The Manual is beyond useless, and Korg videos tagged with CC's are a
joke, only covering gates and notes... If Korg will ever answer me, it would need a miracle....

Re8et
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2024

ext midi rec bug? video

Re8et
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2024

New video out.
In previous recs I always tried to rec C-2 notes, for my Microgranny to accept it.
This probably was the problem that SQ64 wasn't recording anything.
Today I tried classic MIDI DIN input as suggested test, and initially it didnìt work untill I
stumbled on the individual D-Tracks Midi RX and TX settings.
And then I noted this...

D Track has a minimum limit of C -1 for MIDI TX, whilst MIDI RX has ANY or C-1.
Any Mod at this point is useless for my purpose of automating the Microgranny from the D-Track.
I need more testing to check what is going on with the MOD recs, if it an indipendent setting to Midi CC or what.
I still have to figure it out.

• Information