Slate VSX Users?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
chimp_spanner

14 Feb 2024

Hey! I just got these a few days ago - first impressions are that they're very cool. I pretty much forget I'm wearing headphones. Only thing I'm experiencing atm is what I consider to be quite a high CPU load. Admittedly I'm running at 64 samples but that's required for guitar. I'm getting like 25-25% on my 11700 64GB machine. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it time for a CPU upgrade?

-008'

14 Feb 2024

I have them here too, was very surprised how useful they've become over the months!
My advice: You don't need the VSX plug at all for tracking, right? so just finish up those guitars and track work and then only add VSX when its mix/master time.
at that time you can just bump up the buffer to 256 or 512 even.
That's all i got...Hope that helps!

p.s. what's your favorite room(s) so far? Archon and Deans room here and then I do the car checks. :D
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

chimp_spanner

14 Feb 2024

-008' wrote:
14 Feb 2024
I have them here too, was very surprised how useful they've become over the months!
My advice: You don't need the VSX plug at all for tracking, right? so just finish up those guitars and track work and then only add VSX when its mix/master time.
at that time you can just bump up the buffer to 256 or 512 even.
That's all i got...Hope that helps!

p.s. what's your favorite room(s) so far? Archon and Deans room here and then I do the car checks. :D
Yeah I think that might be the case. So with the VSX software disabled, are the headphones still like..usable/accurate? Like are they just a really good set of headphones that you can work with, without the emulation? I wouldn't mind separating those two parts of the process out. Might help me focus on the writing a bit better.

Dean's room is probably my favourite, joint with Steven's to be honest!

• Information