Access Virus is discontinued

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Mattvank

07 Feb 2024

https://www.amazona.de/community/der-ac ... roduziert/

I owned till 2012 arround nearly the whole series of the models. I can say for my part i was really infected.
Unbelieveable Hardware and ,,access´´ to parametres. Multimode VST integration.
Well done Mr. Kemper! Thx for this! :clap:

jakrbt

12 Mar 2024

I think I got one of the last ones, if not THE last one, produced. My Virus TI2 has a build date of 11-16-2023. I've emailed Access/Kemper to find out if it was the last one made but haven't gotten an answer. Would be really f-ing cool if so!

Edit: I just emailed to ask again. Will report back
"Without music, life would be a mistake.” —Friedrich Nietzsche

joeyluck

12 Mar 2024

Any word on the possibility of an official and legit VST version? I know of the emulation that's out there, but seems like an opportunity if resources allow because I think a lot of people would buy a software version.

jakrbt

12 Mar 2024

joeyluck wrote:
12 Mar 2024
Any word on the possibility of an official and legit VST version? I know of the emulation that's out there, but seems like an opportunity if resources allow because I think a lot of people would buy a software version.
Oh I whole heartedly agree! Haven't heard anything and it seems the parent company (Kemper) is now more focused on guitar amps and pedals. I'd buy the VST though if they made it available. The TI software is great but seems I can only run one instance of it in Reason at a time and when my Virus isn't connected, I can't hear whatever sounds are coming out of it. Definitely room for improvement and an opportunity to make additional on the TI platform if they can release a VST for it.

DaveyG

12 Mar 2024

I imagine the emulation will become more popular and the ROM images it needs will become more available. It's no substitute for a proper official VST though.

demt

14 Mar 2024

Vst sounds luvly bit I can't remember where I got it.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

splitpen

15 Mar 2024

The adam szabo viper is definitely worth trying, it's close and can import virus soundbanks as well
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

jakrbt

19 Mar 2024

splitpen wrote:
15 Mar 2024
The adam szabo viper is definitely worth trying, it's close and can import virus soundbanks as well
Definitely going to check this out! Not terribly expensive, either.

Popey
Competition Winner

19 Mar 2024

jakrbt wrote:
19 Mar 2024
splitpen wrote:
15 Mar 2024
Definitely going to check this out! Not terribly expensive, either.
You can get the access virus wavetables on Adams site as well which are handy for any other wavetable synths (serum etc).

splitpen

19 Mar 2024

Yes and you can also download the demo of serum and pick those wave tables and load them into viper for example😉 haha.
In my sessions I work and stay on 48khz, with the viper this sample rate also just sounds better to my likings, worth trying if you demo the synth. Just sounds a different sound because the synth filters are tuned to 44.1. If you have any questions about functions Adam is very helpfull to answer it. Serum is also nice, so is Vital. The soft synths getting better and better these days.
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

jakrbt

20 Mar 2024

I actually have Serum and it's a very powerful, versatile soft synth. But it's VERY reasource hungry, which is a good reason to have a hard synth. But only being able to run one instance of the Virus TI vst in a project kinda sucks. Unless there's some sort of work around that I don't yet know about, which is entirely possible since I've only had it for about a month.

splitpen

20 Mar 2024

the virus ti2 should be multitimbral, read on below forum and how to activate it.
https://www.virus.info/forum/thread/692 ... 2-desktop/

As long as you don't use a lot of voices on each midi channel you can certainly get more sounds out of it one session without bouncing first.

jakrbt

20 Mar 2024

splitpen wrote:
20 Mar 2024
the virus ti2 should be multitimbral, read on below forum and how to activate it.
https://www.virus.info/forum/thread/692 ... 2-desktop/

As long as you don't use a lot of voices on each midi channel you can certainly get more sounds out of it one session without bouncing first.
Some decent information in that thread, but unless I'm just not reading properly it seems they're more discussinghow to use MULTI mode to trigger different parts on the keyboard itself rather than multiple instances of the VST. I'll play around with it and see if I can use MULTI mode and assign different midi channels to different instances of the software in Reason and report back. I've also posed the question on the Virus forum.

splitpen

20 Mar 2024

Inside one instance of the vst you can create more sounds. It's on the left of the vst window.
The trigger of the sounds (midi lane) should be assigned to different scale of the keyboard range.
This way you can get a bass, lead and pad for example out of one instance

Theo.M

21 Mar 2024

There's plenty of plugin in editors on Mac AND PC if the official one stops working on the latter (Mac support ended years ago) as long as one is willing to use the analog outs of the virus rather than rely on the sample accurate USB integration.
It is what it is. They are starting to really creep up in price also.

• Information