Remote Maps for Behringer X-Touch

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
dioxide

04 Feb 2024

I've been working on this over Winter and I think it's time to share this for some feedback and so that other people can try this out. It's a work in progress and the mapping is focused on my needs so it has some quirks, but feel free to modify it how you see fit.

First of all this is based on the X-Touch Codecs by Jaexx*, without which there's not way I would have been able to do anything at all – my coding skills are basic and I understand he has put a lot of time and effort into creating his codecs and maps. That said I have done my best to hack the codecs to suit my needs. My modified codec only supports the X-Touch itself and not any of the Extenders that the Jaexx codec supports. Also, importantly, I have renamed all the Remote files so they show as Behringer not Mackie. This means you can run the Jaexx codec alongside this without breaking it, and switch between the two.

The maps are completely new and are arranged in a way that made more sense to me. So you use the Encoder Assign buttons to choose which section of the Reason mixer to control and for most of these you also have the F Keys providing variations / layers for each section. Then you can flip between Global Mode (mixer overview) and the Select keys (for channel selection). There's a lot going on, so I've written a simple guide that shows you what does what, but also try it out. The idea was to make something that isn't very complex and all the important features are only a couple of button presses.

*Ref: https://www.jaexx.com/blog/reason-custo ... ap-layout/
Attachments
Remote Files.zip
(46.56 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
X-Touch Map Guide v1.pdf
(40.3 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

dioxide

04 Feb 2024

A couple of known issues:

• Rewind and FastForward buttons don't control Rewind and FastForward. Pressing the Rewind button and then adjusting the jog wheel moves the L loop marker and pressing the FFD button controls the R marker. I may change this or I may not – I didn't find it very useful to have these buttons act as transport control.

• The INST button under Encoder Assign isn't currently mapped. My idea is to make this so it can be mapped to instruments under a separate Remote codec and that the two codecs work together. I have the Instrument mapping working but unfortunately it clashes with the main Mixer codec, so I've had to leave this out for now. If there is anyone out there with experience with Lua codecs that could help with this, any help or advice would be appreciated.

• Removed support for Reason Essentials and Record and all instrument mappings – this is for the Mixer only!

• Information