Synth used on Crash And Burn

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
ChulaCoola

09 Jan 2024

I have been trying to find out what synthesizer Pat Travers used on his song Crash and Burn. If anybody knows, please let me know, I'd really appreciate it.
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

mimidancer

10 Jan 2024

ChulaCoola wrote:
09 Jan 2024
I have been trying to find out what synthesizer Pat Travers used on his song Crash and Burn. If anybody knows, please let me know, I'd really appreciate it.
I have never heard of this band before today. I wanted to hear the cool synths so I went to YouTube. After hearing the song(which is really cool) I looked up the band to see when ad where it was recorded. Quadradial Recording Studio in Miami FL between 1979mand 1980. Quadradial was a deadend. but my compulsiveness to always find an answer led me to my next move. Based on what I am hearing as a long-time player if I were asked to cover this I would use the following considering the date of the recording. for the thin pulse at the beginning, I would use a 2600. sounds like a single osc with a thin pulse with about 65% res and swept down. The main Since the record was recorded between 1979 and 1980. for the organ, I'd go with a B3. It was the goto organ and it sounds like as the song progressed Leslie speakers were employed. at times there is a flanger on the organ. I dig the way the bass was recorded on this song. that sweeping thin pulse was used and many of the transitions. and as I am on my 6th time through now that is 95% a B3 organ. Thanks for sharing this bluesy trippy song. Very cool. Going to send it to Papa, he will like it for sure. I hope he has never heard it. SO I can cool. Great share.

ChulaCoola

10 Jan 2024

Mimidancer, thank you so much! I was hoping someone would be able to figure it out. I do have Gforce's Oddity3, so that works out very well. As for the B3, I'll have to see what I have.

Thanks again.
Glad you enjoyed the song. It is a great, though dystopian tune, as far as I can tell.
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

• Information