M-Audio Uber Mic not recognised in Reason+ v12

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Rising Night Wave

04 Jan 2024

Oy!

I would need some help.
Those of you who have this mic and reason+ v12 and Windows 11 Home OS v23H2...

... how in the bloody hell do I activate this mic in Reason?

This mic is plug-and-play so no additional drivers are needed. Windows OS does recognse it. It is activated. Mic does receive sound and this can be observed via those "green bars". Okey. Why is Reason+ v12 not recognizing it?

How to properly configure this HW/SW set-up?

Thanks.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

jam-s

04 Jan 2024

You'll have to select its sound device as audio device so you can then record it. The problem then will be that you'll not be able to hear anything unless you plug a headphone into the headphone output of the mic as Reason still only supports to have a single audio device active.

One workaround is to use asio4all to create a combined audio device and then use this in Reason.

dmitrijsorokin

06 Jan 2024

Because an ASIO driver is required (WDM, DirectX and other non-ASIO will not work for recording).

Rising Night Wave

06 Jan 2024

okey. guys. thanks for info about asio4all. but!
i have tried, so far only with implemented laptop's mic. via asio4all. but also no luck.
windows is showing laptop's mic response when i talk via those green bars. reason also recognise laptop's mic. but when i am recording my voice... there is no sound recorded.
i am not sure what is wrong. what i am doing wrong?
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Rising Night Wave

06 Jan 2024

okey! okey, okey! hehe.
it works now.

i still am not sure why reason does not work with laptop's mic... but!.. reason is wrking fine with M-Audio's Uber Mic i own.

as you said to do... i have installed ASIO4ALL drivers. i grabbed the install file via their official web site. and as said reason is working fine with this Uber Mic.

okey. thank you guys for all info.
have a nice day!

• Information