Scarlett MixControl Loopback Question

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
SynthGang

16 Dec 2023

Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you might be familiar with Focusrite's Scarlett MixControl software? I use a Focusrite 1st gen 8i6, and have two basic questions about using the loopback feature:

1. I want to use loopback to route audio from one of my hardware inputs to other software on my machine. Currently I have no problem setting it up to bring audio into Reason for example, but the minute I try to use it as say an input in some other software like OBS for instance, I'm not getting anything despite the Loopback inputs being available as an option.

2. Is it possible to disassociate Loopback 1 and 2 so that I can properly use them as two separate sources? Currently the default behaviour seems to be that they are "tethered" together and only show up as a single option in all applications.

I've read every word of the manual (both older and newer versions), have tried looking elsewhere online as well as on YouTube and couldn't find anything that worked/or was specific to MixControl vs. Focusrite's software used for newer interface generations.

Any help/insight anybody could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

• Information