Beatport Studio by Plugin Boutique

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
joeyluck

02 Nov 2023

https://www.pluginboutique.com/beatport-studio
The best software instruments, plugins, royalty-free sounds and DAWs, all in a flexible music production membership, powered by Plugin Boutique.

Currently the DAW choices are Bitwig Studio 8-Track and Cubase LE.
This might be another good opportunity for Reason to bring back Reason Intro.

The 'frozen state' technology sounds nice to have:
What happens to my projects if I’m no longer subscribing to a plugin I’ve used in them?
Beatport Studio uses a ‘frozen state’ technology. This means that selected products will continue to output sound while preserving a plugin’s parameters or preset, ensuring that projects remain accessible.

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
02 Nov 2023
https://www.pluginboutique.com/beatport-studio
The best software instruments, plugins, royalty-free sounds and DAWs, all in a flexible music production membership, powered by Plugin Boutique.

Currently the DAW choices are Bitwig Studio 8-Track and Cubase LE.
This might be another good opportunity for Reason to bring back Reason Intro.

The 'frozen state' technology sounds nice to have:
What happens to my projects if I’m no longer subscribing to a plugin I’ve used in them?
Beatport Studio uses a ‘frozen state’ technology. This means that selected products will continue to output sound while preserving a plugin’s parameters or preset, ensuring that projects remain accessible.
As much as I am not a fan of subscription or membership when I saw plugin boutique I thought this could potentially have massive interest for a lot of customers if it included choice from their wide palette.

When you drill down into the actual choices though it seems quite uninspiring considering what they sell.

The frozen state technology sounds like what output arcade does. I have used arcade in the past and is nice that old sessions work even if you cannot tweak them.

DaveyG

03 Nov 2023

Wow. There is quite a bit of second-rate stuff in there and much of it is stuff that is bundled free with hardware. Not good value at all imo.

Loque

03 Nov 2023

This Frozen State was discussed for RTO and R+ in the past. Looks like others read it 😂
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

03 Nov 2023

Popey wrote:
02 Nov 2023
The frozen state technology sounds like what output arcade does. I have used arcade in the past and is nice that old sessions work even if you cannot tweak them.
Cam here to say the same, seems like the minimal feature set (and common sense) for something that you could loose access to at any point.
And yes (@Loque) there were many voices suggesting exactly this when REs were first announced, which would have been industry leading (not to mention customer friendly) at the time.
Selig Audio, LLC

Dionysus

03 Nov 2023

Thought it would be a good opportunity to try a full featured version of Bitwig for one month. But no, it's only for the 8-track, restricted to using only two VST and limited core functionality.

The 8-track version of Bitwig has been available 100% FREE for a couple of years, so it's not adding any value to this subscription

• Information