4MS runs virtual VCV rack patch in a module!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Re8et
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2023

CDM link

This is awesome, a rack module running a VCV rack patch...
WOndering if it runs Elk... probably not... impressive!

https://cdm.link/2023/09/4ms-explains-meta-module/

mimidancer

27 Sep 2023

Re8et wrote:
27 Sep 2023
CDM link

This is awesome, a rack module running a VCV rack patch...
WOndering if it runs Elk... probably not... impressive!

https://cdm.link/2023/09/4ms-explains-meta-module/
it looks cool. and would be nice to emulate different modules in my actual rack. I have not seen the cost yet.

Jackjackdaw

28 Sep 2023

Back when it was all clinical grey Doepfer stuff I used to think Eurorack was really cool and sophisticated. These days it looks like expensive candy for man-babies. Lol

Aosta

28 Sep 2023

Jackjackdaw wrote:
28 Sep 2023
Back when it was all clinical grey Doepfer stuff I used to think Eurorack was really cool and sophisticated. These days it looks like expensive candy for man-babies. Lol
But the flashing and blinking pretty lights and patterns are fun! :thumbup:
Tend the flame

mimidancer

04 Oct 2023

I also like the blinky mods. But one of my favorite utilities is Maths, which is quite grey. Modbap's Osiris is my newest module. It is black, hot pink, and teal. It's like driving through the 80s at night.

Mattvank

04 Oct 2023

Jackjackdaw wrote:
28 Sep 2023
You read my mind.

DJMaytag

06 Oct 2023

Jackjackdaw wrote:
28 Sep 2023
Black face modules are pretty sexy too. Some of the white & multi-colored stuff... not so much.

Disclosure: I sell black faced Eurorack modules at my store, so I'm biased. :mrgreen:

DJMaytag

06 Oct 2023

So whatever happened to the idea that RS floated a few years ago, about being able to run RE's in some sort of hardware platform? Did that idea die?

Catblack

09 Oct 2023

DJMaytag wrote:
06 Oct 2023
So whatever happened to the idea that RS floated a few years ago, about being able to run RE's in some sort of hardware platform? Did that idea die?
I posted about this a couple weeks ago, with links to the old ELK speculation.

Dan from 4MS has been posting on ModWiggler about this module. It's running bare bones on the chip without ELK it seems. also:

"There are two Cortex A7 processors, each running at 800MHz, which run the audio processing in parallel. The co-processor (Cortex-M4F, running at 240MHz) handles reading the controls, USB, SD Card, and other system tasks."

The big thing is there won't be any appstore involved with it. All VCV source to be included will get put into the firmware.

It's going to be a huge deal when this module comes out. They are porting all their real world modules to VCV, too.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

• Information