Nektar Aruba: How is it for Reason control?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
carvingcode

29 Jul 2023

Curious how others are finding the Nectar Aruba/Aura for controlling Reason. I'm not finding many videos or posts about it, so wanted to check the group prior to purchasing.

Thanks.

MuttReason

30 Jul 2023

Didn’t much like mine TBH. The pads are good and the transport controls work well in Reason but the controller rotaries were hard mapped to controls that weren’t that useful such as scrolling through patches (they don’t remap dynamically to different devices in the rack). Also the Nektarine plugin that is supposed to open up the Aruba for more control over VSTs was buggy as hell IME and pretty much useless.

Sold it in the end. There are better options available I think (Launchpad in custom mode is good) and I’ve found that using an Elgato StreamDeck for transport controls (and way more besides) is way better than any MIDI controller on the market.

FWIW in the end I’ve gone for a Launchpad Pro + StreamDeck + MIDI Fighter Twister combo which gives me a great 8x8 grid pad controller, one button per function transport controls (plus way more besides) and 16 x rotary controls I can map to any device. Costs more than an Aruba but much much better.

Goriila Texas

30 Jul 2023

Maann midi learn in Reason is solid now a simple click on Remote click on any knob or fader move a knob or fader on the Keylab 88 and it controls that in Reason. Even the instruments names show up on my midi controller screen and transport control.

carvingcode wrote:
29 Jul 2023
Curious how others are finding the Nectar Aruba/Aura for controlling Reason. I'm not finding many videos or posts about it, so wanted to check the group prior to purchasing.

Thanks.

Chi-Individual

01 Aug 2023

I had one and ended up selling it. The build quality was top notch but the integration with Reason was just lacking too much for me. I love Nektar products but that one wasn’t updated enough to work with everything I owned (Reason Studios REs). Remapping everything just was too much of a hassle and in the end it just wasn’t worth having it take up so much space to be really just a drum or single note controller(you could play chords though just still limited).

• Information