Laptop processor ram recommendations please

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
visheshl

21 Jun 2023

So i ran reason on my old laptop, and it ran really well actually, however its not satisfactory if you want to do a proper live set you know.
Im aiming for a trqnce set, so which means lots of super saws, lots of risers,falls, unisons...
My current laptop was able to run two supersaw patches, one bassline, a drumkit, but after that it ran out of power.
This is sufficient, for i guess a transition, but the main set would need so Much more, arpeggios, maybe a few vocals, lots and lots of fx...

So im now THINKING of getting a new laptop.(still not made up my mind)
id like your opinions though.

If you're running reason and producing music with really big racks, like really power hungry projects...id like to know the processor and ram on your machine.
(If intel, then please let me know which generation too)

Heater

21 Jun 2023

A MacBook Air/Pro M1/M2 will be more than enough.

fullforce

21 Jun 2023

visheshl wrote:
21 Jun 2023
So i ran reason on my old laptop, and it ran really well actually, however its not satisfactory if you want to do a proper live set you know.
Im aiming for a trqnce set, so which means lots of super saws, lots of risers,falls, unisons...
My current laptop was able to run two supersaw patches, one bassline, a drumkit, but after that it ran out of power.
This is sufficient, for i guess a transition, but the main set would need so Much more, arpeggios, maybe a few vocals, lots and lots of fx...

If you're running reason and producing music with really big racks, like really power hungry projects...id like to know the processor and ram on your machine.
I really don't get these kinds of questions. Which generation? The LAST generation, obviously. How much RAM? Well 32 at least, nowadays. Is it so hard? The computer doesn't really give a shit what you're doing in case of "arpeggio's" and whatnot. Just get the latest stuff out there.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

mmmartin

21 Jun 2023

Get the best MacBook you can afford.

Bear in mind that even the base MacBook Air outperforms the best Intel PCs. Also all Apple Silicon MacBooks need significantly less RAM to do the same job as their Intel PC counterparts.

You might find a MacBook Air with 8GB RAM is perfectly performant. Although if you have money to burn just get a MBP and max out the RAM.

visheshl

22 Jun 2023

fullforce wrote:
21 Jun 2023
visheshl wrote:
21 Jun 2023

I really don't get these kinds of questions. Which generation? The LAST generation, obviously. How much RAM? Well 32 at least, nowadays. Is it so hard? The computer doesn't really give a shit what you're doing in case of "arpeggio's" and whatnot. Just get the latest stuff out there.
Thank you for your valuable suggestion kind sir.
Would it be possible for you to give me a macbook m.2 64 gb ram, 4tb ssd as a gift?
It seems that it would be Pocket change for you.
So please, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, kindly send it to me ASAP.
Or... You know...

Heater

24 Jun 2023

mmmartin wrote:
21 Jun 2023
Get the best MacBook you can afford.

Bear in mind that even the base MacBook Air outperforms the best Intel PCs. Also all Apple Silicon MacBooks need significantly less RAM to do the same job as their Intel PC counterparts.

You might find a MacBook Air with 8GB RAM is perfectly performant.
Yeah. I don’t know how it’s the case but I can throw anything at my 8Gb MacBook Air M1 and it doesn’t blink.

• Information