Garageband........Argh

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
jfrichards

06 Jun 2023

I just got the new Mac mini and the R 12 upgrade with Objekt. I'm in heaven.

I noticed GarageBand on the new Mac so I tried it out. The first noticeable thing was how dull it sounds. I played around with the EQ's a bunch and it got better, but not in the same universe as Reason. Why do they give you a dull-sounding music program to start off? Is it designed for 6 year-olds just starting to play? Or for old people going to church?

I checked out "Umbrella" by Rihanna, done in GarageBand 10 years ago, and the music was extremely weak (except for the bass, probably done on a real synth).

Anyone have any luck with GarageBand?

madmacman

06 Jun 2023

jfrichards wrote:
06 Jun 2023
I checked out "Umbrella" by Rihanna, done in GarageBand 10 years ago, and the music was extremely weak (except for the bass, probably done on a real synth).
“Umbrella” won a Grammy, sold millions of copies, reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, earned a spot on Rolling Stone’s “500 Greatest Songs of All Time”, and made Rihanna a household name. And it all started with the royalty-free, “Vintage Funk Kit 03” GarageBand drum loop.
:wink:

BTW, technically GarageBand is the same core as Logic. The latter is in countless studios of the world the standard tool for music production. What do you want to argue about?

• Information