Uninstall Reason from a MAC ??? Security perspectives...

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Re8et
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2023

Does anyone knows if the Mac retain users passwords in the system when uninstalling Reason?
I'm upgrading my Mac, and selling the Mac mini where there is Reason installed.
I just want to uninstall Reason and make sure it is done correctly so no settings are retained on the Mac.
I never authorized this Mac so I don't have to specify I no longer have this Mac + address...

Library? I am just guessing...
Same thing goes for authorized VST's...
I have no idea if some passwords data could get sniffed from the system
so it's really from a security perspective

Re8et
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2023

I don't want to erase everything, that's the thing...
I'm selling it to a friend, I have installet Chat GPT on it, with plugins for blenders, etc...
This is my selling point and I don't want to lose, but neither risk leaving behind content...

I already signed out from account, removed all passwords, that I could find..
Also just found this thread is probably redundant with this... pull merge request for admin??
viewtopic.php?t=7515958

Looks like the hard reset is my best bet...
I'm upgrading the Mac to a mini M2

stillifegaijin

06 Jun 2023

I would suggest that you wipe the hard drive, do a fresh install of the OS, setup a new user account for your friend, and then reinstall only the software you want to share with them/sell with the computer. This is how I have always done this. It will remove any security concerns for you and it will also give your friend a clean, fresh machine that will run better not being bogged down by months, years, or however long of junk files and excess build up over your time of using the machine.

And never ever use migration assistant to copy everything from your old computer to your new one. It will fill your new computer with garbage it doesn't need, especially going from intel to M1. It's a pain but build and install everything manually. You will have a much better machine for it!

Re8et
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2023

I just finished the migration on the new M2 mini, and re-run the benchmark V1.
The Benchmark song run for exactly the same time... what a bum...

I had to reinstall the MOTU driver, but everything else just migrated flawlessly.
Every other driver except for the MOTU just worked straight away.

I could do a Reset, but I had to make room for selling the old M1 first, this way I can better prepare
all the back ups and stuff. I'm amazed for how fast it went. Every single Reason RE is just there, every VST...
I should probably try a Reset now that I still have the old M1 as back up, just to try if
there is a somewhat improvement in terms of memory usage, CPU speed.
I doubt the Benchmark file would do any better.
The M2 should be an improvement in the GPU department mainly.

And yes, I will wipe out the system, I don't want no troubles with my licences.
I'll give my friend some directions and that's it.

• Information