Native Instruments new branding?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?

Noise
Competition Winner

23 May 2023

That logo looks like the consumer is bowing to his master... A bunch of subliminal messages there :D
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

dioxide

23 May 2023

Seems a bit too current to age well I think. Perhaps something a little less trendy would have been wiser.

DaveyG

23 May 2023

It instantly made me think of someone throwing up. It just needs the toilet adding on the lower right.
Still, I bet it makes all their stuff sound better.

guitfnky

23 May 2023

I wonder if it’s intentional that it also kinda looks like “AI”
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

joeyluck

23 May 2023

I liked the previous logo.

Being Reason users, we are familiar with a logo change from a what was a favorite... But at least the new Reason logo is derivative of the original and still has color.

Loque

23 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
23 May 2023
It continues lol. I just updated Kontakt. The icon: KT?

KT.jpg
A crocodile head eating a T?
Reason12, Win10

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
23 May 2023
It continues lol. I just updated Kontakt. The icon: KT?

KT.jpg
Bloody interns

kuhliloach

23 May 2023

The update to Native Access has this new logo and fixed some things here on macOS.

Ahornberg

23 May 2023

I don't think there are people who wear the old NI logo as tattoo.

Here's the old Reason logo:

joeyluck

24 May 2023

kuhliloach wrote:
23 May 2023
The update to Native Access has this new logo and fixed some things here on macOS.
Well they still didn't fix the inability to easily uninstall anything by NI on macOS... You remove the library or app from a folder and Native Access and Konakt, etc. just complain that it's broken and needs to be repaired.

Instead, the answer is still the same—to follow this help article and delete every trace from every folder.
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... c-Computer

stillifegaijin

24 May 2023

I do not understand why the old Native Access doesn't update to the new Native Access. You actually need to go to the website and download the new version. I would never have known it even existed without this thread.

joeyluck

24 May 2023

stillifegaijin wrote:
24 May 2023
I do not understand why the old Native Access doesn't update to the new Native Access. You actually need to go to the website and download the new version. I would never have known it even existed without this thread.
Yeah I encountered that last year. It's confusing.
viewtopic.php?p=614543#p614543

Goriila Texas

28 May 2023

Anyone else having issues with Komplete Kontrol app since the update? In studio one it's loading real slow.

Nah y'all are good it's working in Reason I don't know what's up in S1.

EdGrip

29 May 2023

Uhhhhh it's actually really CLEVER, because if you bothered to LOOK you'd see the components are a lowercase n and a capital I, which stand for native Instruments, but combined TOGETHER they form a capital N which stands for Native again, redundantly.

None of you guys are as clever as the designer who designed this iconic brand that looks like the Kia logo, and not one of you is as clever as any of the chain of people who paid for it and signed off on it, all the way up to CEO. When I think about how clever and visionary and above all BRAVE and UNIQUE this logo is, it makes me VERY excited for the exciting future of NI.

avasopht
Competition Winner

29 May 2023

EdGrip wrote:
29 May 2023
Uhhhhh it's actually really CLEVER, because if you bothered to LOOK you'd see the components are a lowercase n and a capital I, which stand for native Instruments, but combined TOGETHER they form a capital N which stands for Native again, redundantly.

None of you guys are as clever as the designer who designed this iconic brand that looks like the Kia logo, and not one of you is as clever as any of the chain of people who paid for it and signed off on it, all the way up to CEO. When I think about how clever and visionary and above all BRAVE and UNIQUE this logo is, it makes me VERY excited for the exciting future of NI.
Much larger companies with the most talented designers have made colossal mistakes in the past.

Rebranding failures and how much they cost

The only good ones are when the logo change was reversed:

Weight Watchers: unknown
MasterCard: $1.5m
GAP: $100m
Facebook: unknown
Tropicana: $137m
Royal Mail: $2.5m

Insider: 14 Companies That Reversed Their Horrible Attempts At Rebranding: Nissan, Tropicana, Coke, British Airways, GAP, Overstock, Netflix, Royal Mail, MasterCard, Pizza Hut.

selig
RE Developer

29 May 2023

avasopht wrote:
29 May 2023
EdGrip wrote:
29 May 2023

Much larger companies with the most talented designers have made colossal mistakes in the past.

Rebranding failures and how much they cost

The only good ones are when the logo change was reversed:

Weight Watchers: unknown
MasterCard: $1.5m
GAP: $100m
Facebook: unknown
Tropicana: $137m
Royal Mail: $2.5m

Insider: 14 Companies That Reversed Their Horrible Attempts At Rebranding: Nissan, Tropicana, Coke, British Airways, GAP, Overstock, Netflix, Royal Mail, MasterCard, Pizza Hut.
Wow, that was an unexpectedly interesting little rabbit hole there, and a great lesson to be reminded of from time to time! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

29 May 2023

EdGrip wrote:
29 May 2023

:clap: :lol:

jam-s

29 May 2023

All that "nI" reminds me of this:

Goriila Texas

02 Jun 2023

Thank you for the update.

I can confirm that Komplete Kontrol is crashing Studio One :

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Komplete Kontrol.vst3
DEBUG_FLR_EXCEPTION_CODE(c0000374) and the ".exr -1" ExceptionCode(c0000005) don't match

Please ensure the drivers are fully up to date and you are testing both VST2/3 of the plugin. If the issue remains you will need to contact Native Instruments to ensure the plugin has been fully tested in Studio One 6.1.2

Thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,

Gary M.

Technical Support Agent

PreSonus Audio Electronics
www.presonus.com

Goriila Texas wrote:
28 May 2023
Anyone else having issues with Komplete Kontrol app since the update? In studio one it's loading real slow.

Nah y'all are good it's working in Reason I don't know what's up in S1.

• Information