Native Instruments new branding?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 11128
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 May 2023

This new logo reminds me of Kia lol

Kia inspired.jpg

https://www.native-instruments.com/
https://www.facebook.com/NativeInstruments
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Noise
Competition Winner
Posts: 479
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Lisbon

Post 23 May 2023

That logo looks like the consumer is bowing to his master... A bunch of subliminal messages there :D
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1800
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 23 May 2023

Seems a bit too current to age well I think. Perhaps something a little less trendy would have been wiser.

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 2599
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 23 May 2023

It instantly made me think of someone throwing up. It just needs the toilet adding on the lower right.
Still, I bet it makes all their stuff sound better.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 4415
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 23 May 2023

I wonder if it’s intentional that it also kinda looks like “AI”
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 11128
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 May 2023

I liked the previous logo.

Image

Being Reason users, we are familiar with a logo change from a what was a favorite... But at least the new Reason logo is derivative of the original and still has color.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 11128
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 May 2023

It continues lol. I just updated Kontakt. The icon: KT?

KT.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 11262
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 23 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
23 May 2023
It continues lol. I just updated Kontakt. The icon: KT?


KT.jpg
A crocodile head eating a T?
Reason12, Win10

avasopht
Competition Winner
Posts: 4008
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 23 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
23 May 2023
It continues lol. I just updated Kontakt. The icon: KT?


KT.jpg
Bloody interns

User avatar
kuhliloach
Posts: 881
Joined: 09 Dec 2015

Post 23 May 2023

The update to Native Access has this new logo and fixed some things here on macOS.

User avatar
Ahornberg
Posts: 1904
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Vienna, Austria

Post 23 May 2023

I don't think there are people who wear the old NI logo as tattoo.

Here's the old Reason logo:
Image

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 11128
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 24 May 2023

kuhliloach wrote:
23 May 2023
The update to Native Access has this new logo and fixed some things here on macOS.
Well they still didn't fix the inability to easily uninstall anything by NI on macOS... You remove the library or app from a folder and Native Access and Konakt, etc. just complain that it's broken and needs to be repaired.

Instead, the answer is still the same—to follow this help article and delete every trace from every folder.
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... c-Computer

User avatar
stillifegaijin
Posts: 257
Joined: 27 Oct 2020

Post 24 May 2023

I do not understand why the old Native Access doesn't update to the new Native Access. You actually need to go to the website and download the new version. I would never have known it even existed without this thread.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 11128
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 24 May 2023

stillifegaijin wrote:
24 May 2023
I do not understand why the old Native Access doesn't update to the new Native Access. You actually need to go to the website and download the new version. I would never have known it even existed without this thread.
Yeah I encountered that last year. It's confusing.
viewtopic.php?p=614543#p614543

Goriila Texas
Posts: 983
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Houston TX

Post 28 May 2023

Anyone else having issues with Komplete Kontrol app since the update? In studio one it's loading real slow.

Nah y'all are good it's working in Reason I don't know what's up in S1.

EdGrip
Posts: 2351
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 29 May 2023

Uhhhhh it's actually really CLEVER, because if you bothered to LOOK you'd see the components are a lowercase n and a capital I, which stand for native Instruments, but combined TOGETHER they form a capital N which stands for Native again, redundantly.

None of you guys are as clever as the designer who designed this iconic brand that looks like the Kia logo, and not one of you is as clever as any of the chain of people who paid for it and signed off on it, all the way up to CEO. When I think about how clever and visionary and above all BRAVE and UNIQUE this logo is, it makes me VERY excited for the exciting future of NI.

avasopht
Competition Winner
Posts: 4008
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 29 May 2023

EdGrip wrote:
29 May 2023
Uhhhhh it's actually really CLEVER, because if you bothered to LOOK you'd see the components are a lowercase n and a capital I, which stand for native Instruments, but combined TOGETHER they form a capital N which stands for Native again, redundantly.

None of you guys are as clever as the designer who designed this iconic brand that looks like the Kia logo, and not one of you is as clever as any of the chain of people who paid for it and signed off on it, all the way up to CEO. When I think about how clever and visionary and above all BRAVE and UNIQUE this logo is, it makes me VERY excited for the exciting future of NI.
Much larger companies with the most talented designers have made colossal mistakes in the past.

Rebranding failures and how much they cost

The only good ones are when the logo change was reversed:

Weight Watchers: unknown
MasterCard: $1.5m
GAP: $100m
Facebook: unknown
Tropicana: $137m
Royal Mail: $2.5m

Insider: 14 Companies That Reversed Their Horrible Attempts At Rebranding: Nissan, Tropicana, Coke, British Airways, GAP, Overstock, Netflix, Royal Mail, MasterCard, Pizza Hut.

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 11928
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 29 May 2023

avasopht wrote:
29 May 2023
EdGrip wrote:
29 May 2023
Uhhhhh it's actually really CLEVER, because if you bothered to LOOK you'd see the components are a lowercase n and a capital I, which stand for native Instruments, but combined TOGETHER they form a capital N which stands for Native again, redundantly.

None of you guys are as clever as the designer who designed this iconic brand that looks like the Kia logo, and not one of you is as clever as any of the chain of people who paid for it and signed off on it, all the way up to CEO. When I think about how clever and visionary and above all BRAVE and UNIQUE this logo is, it makes me VERY excited for the exciting future of NI.
Much larger companies with the most talented designers have made colossal mistakes in the past.

Rebranding failures and how much they cost

The only good ones are when the logo change was reversed:

Weight Watchers: unknown
MasterCard: $1.5m
GAP: $100m
Facebook: unknown
Tropicana: $137m
Royal Mail: $2.5m

Insider: 14 Companies That Reversed Their Horrible Attempts At Rebranding: Nissan, Tropicana, Coke, British Airways, GAP, Overstock, Netflix, Royal Mail, MasterCard, Pizza Hut.
Wow, that was an unexpectedly interesting little rabbit hole there, and a great lesson to be reminded of from time to time! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 11128
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 29 May 2023

EdGrip wrote:
29 May 2023
Uhhhhh it's actually really CLEVER, because if you bothered to LOOK you'd see the components are a lowercase n and a capital I, which stand for native Instruments, but combined TOGETHER they form a capital N which stands for Native again, redundantly.

None of you guys are as clever as the designer who designed this iconic brand that looks like the Kia logo, and not one of you is as clever as any of the chain of people who paid for it and signed off on it, all the way up to CEO. When I think about how clever and visionary and above all BRAVE and UNIQUE this logo is, it makes me VERY excited for the exciting future of NI.
:clap: :lol:

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3098
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 29 May 2023

All that "nI" reminds me of this:


Goriila Texas
Posts: 983
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Houston TX

Post 02 Jun 2023


Thank you for the update.

I can confirm that Komplete Kontrol is crashing Studio One :

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Komplete Kontrol.vst3
DEBUG_FLR_EXCEPTION_CODE(c0000374) and the ".exr -1" ExceptionCode(c0000005) don't match

Please ensure the drivers are fully up to date and you are testing both VST2/3 of the plugin. If the issue remains you will need to contact Native Instruments to ensure the plugin has been fully tested in Studio One 6.1.2

Thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,

Gary M.

Technical Support Agent

PreSonus Audio Electronics
www.presonus.com













Goriila Texas wrote:
28 May 2023
Anyone else having issues with Komplete Kontrol app since the update? In studio one it's loading real slow.

Nah y'all are good it's working in Reason I don't know what's up in S1.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests