Australia: check out this Melbourne "synth museum"

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
bieh

06 Jan 2023

People living in or visiting Melbourne, Australia, may be interested to check out the Melbourne Electronic Sound Studio - virtually a working shrine of famous synths, with lessons on their history and hands-on workshops. For people who have only ever worked "in the box", I'm sure this would make much of the background to hardware emulations really come alive.

From the website: "The heart of MESS is the MESS Studio, a fully functioning sound production workshop representing one of the most unique, eclectic and historically significant collections of electronic instruments in the world. Working from within the studio is the MESS School, a place for people to engage with the history, technique and artistry of electronic sound and music creation presented in a format that is flexible, affordable and artist driven."

https://mess.foundation/

https://www.facebook.com/MESSLtd/

crimsonwarlock

06 Jan 2023

-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Neo

06 Jan 2023

:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Faastwalker

14 Jan 2023

Time to fly down to Melbourne. Been wanting to visit. Now I've got the best excuse ;-)

Jac459

14 Jan 2023

Just awesome...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

motuscott

14 Jan 2023

Cane Toad Alert!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information