Recycle 2.0

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
ElectronD

23 Dec 2022

Hello,

Been a Reason user since 2.5 and also own Recycle (2.1) - I've been trying to get my hands on a 2.0 version (SCSI support) - I asked Prop support a couple of days ago if they had any old versions I could buy, nada.

Don't suppose anybody here would have one here? Given up on eBay. Any info would be great. Cheers, Electron.

DJMaytag

25 Dec 2022

You might ask over on the KVRAudio.com forum. I asked a number of years ago and someone gave me their license. You might not get THAT lucky, but you might find someone willing to sell it for cheap.

ordjob2

26 Dec 2022

I have many licenses, but I can't help.
The last time I helped a friend (for free), RS support suspected me of commercial activity and refused to transfer licenses forever.

recycle.png
recycle.png (102.37 KiB) Viewed 740 times

ElectronD

26 Dec 2022

Wow you have it! 🤦‍♂️ Devastated - I understand you would not be allowed to send me the install. I own the 2.2 as mentioned and is in my account. Will keep on hunting (will have a look on KVR also, thank you) and also keep an eye on eBay. Just amazes me that there is the proof that those installers are sitting on a server (which they do not have access to apparently) but will not help a long term customer from Reason V2.5. I used to also work for Sound Control in the UK years and sold a bucket load of Reason. Ah well, thank you.

DaveyG

26 Dec 2022

The Recycle V2.0 installer is available on the Reason Studios website here:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/ ... /index.cfm
I don't think your licence for V2.2 will work with it though. I upgraded through all the versions from about V1.6 but I don't really recall how the updates were licenced. I think each version had a different unlock key.

I'm fascinated that you are using SCSI though. I haven't used it since I sold off the Akai sampler and associated ZIP drive many years ago.

ordjob2

27 Dec 2022

DaveyG wrote:
26 Dec 2022
I don't think your licence for V2.2 will work with it though. I upgraded through all the versions from about V1.6 but I don't really recall how the updates were licenced. I think each version had a different unlock key.
Yes, the license for V2.0 has the RCY200-... key, and it is a different key than V2.1 and V2.2.

V2.0 has a free upgrade to V2.1 and V2.2, and you get three different keys for each version.

But versions V2.1 and V2.2 do not have a downgrade to V2.0.

The only option is to find someone who has permission to transfer the license.

ElectronD

27 Dec 2022

Thank you both (Davey and Ordjob2). You are correct my serial would not work and would really need to get a separate copy. When I click the -
In order to access the ReCycle upgrade download page, you need to be a registered ReCycle owner. If you own ReCycle, but haven't registered your copy yet, please do so using the product registration page.

2.2 is in my account as mentioned.

It's cool, will keep hunting. Thanks for replying and Merry Christmas.

PS - Yes the world of SCSI I ventured back to many months ago - I see things a little different. :)

• Information