So I got a USB Microphone

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
rhythm_ace

08 Dec 2022

Hello all,

So I bought a new Fifine K678 USB microphone from Microcenter on sale for $49! I took it home and hooked it up to my fully updated Windows 10 Pro 22H2 machine with an SSD, 24 GBs of RAM and my Reason 12 runs through a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen 2-In, 2-Out USB Audio Interface. The new Fifine USB microphone hooked up with no problem. How do I make my new USB Microphone work in Reason 12?

I tried creating an Audio Device in Reason but that didn't work. I watched some YouTube Videos about this subject but didn't get a good answer. Could anyone please inform me step by step how to make it so I can record my vocals into my Reason tracks with my new mic?

PS. I also have a Shure SM57 microphone too, and have the same problem., (I thought that if I bought a USB microphone it might work, but it didn't sadly).

Thanks heaps for any and all helpful knowledge from the community here,

RA

jam-s

08 Dec 2022

As Reason still does not support multiple audio interfaces at the same time you have to create an aggregated device using asio4all and then use this in Reason. The alternative is constantly switching the selected interface when recording/listening.

dan_g

09 Dec 2022

maybe look into voicemeeter. with this you can mix and match different devices with different audio codecs and route the audio anywhere you need it. used it for years.

https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

rhythm_ace

09 Dec 2022

jam-s wrote:
08 Dec 2022
As Reason still does not support multiple audio interfaces at the same time you have to create an aggregated device using asio4all and then use this in Reason. The alternative is constantly switching the selected interface when recording/listening.
Thanks Jam-S. I have used ASIO4All in the past and didn't have the best experience with it. It was actually the reason I got a Scarlett. It was an interesting suggestion and thank you for your response! I may try that out.

Baylo

09 Dec 2022

Out of curiosity, if you have a Scarlett 2i2 interface (that presumably works OK), why do you say that you have a problem with the Shure SM57? Don't you just plug that into the Scarlett, adjust the gain, and select the relevant input?

rhythm_ace

09 Dec 2022

dan_g wrote:
09 Dec 2022
maybe look into voicemeeter. with this you can mix and match different devices with different audio codecs and route the audio anywhere you need it. used it for years.

https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm
Dan_g...I didn't even know a software device like this existed. This looks like a very elegant solution to my problem. Downloading it now. Thanks very much for your input, you made my day.

• Information