Arturia MiniLab 3

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Steedus
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2022

For what it's worth, when using Analog Lab V the knobs don't jump to values, they pick up logically. Perhaps this is a software thing that's not implemented in Reason in general? Or do other keyboards support this?

Just one more thought on this, the keybed is fantastic for a mini keyboard, compared to my Launchkey mini. I love it.

jam-s

21 Nov 2022

Steedus wrote:
20 Nov 2022
For what it's worth, when using Analog Lab V the knobs don't jump to values, they pick up logically. Perhaps this is a software thing that's not implemented in Reason in general? Or do other keyboards support this?
I think that parameter pick up is something which has to be implemented in the luacodec of the Remote implementation for the controller unless the firmware of the controller takes care of this.

djst

22 Nov 2022

Faastwalker wrote:
18 Nov 2022

I checked the settings for Minilab 3. You don't get much control over how the knobs and sliders behave. You can change speed, pad response etc. But parameters jump to control position when switching devices in Reason.
Thanks for confirming this. To me, that negates the entire benefit of endless encoders vs traditional knobs with hard stops. It's a shame they can't integrate it without parameter jumps when it works flawlessly in eg Ableton Live.

• Information