Sync Subharmonicon w/ Reason's transport?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
monkeyplusplus

25 Aug 2022

Hi all, I've been scratching my head trying to figure a thing out, and thought one of you might already have the solution to what I'm trying to do.

How the heck do you sync Reason's transport and tempo to the Subharmonicon?

I've got Reason 12 and a Moog Subharmonicon (as well as a Mother 32 and DFAM, purchased in that really nice bundle package). I'm trying to sync the Subharmonicon's internal sequencer to play along with Reason's transport and tempo so I can utilize the Subharmonicon's super weirdo polyrhythms in my music. I'm no stranger to sending midi to external synths and recording the output (all the player devices make this SO fun), but it's just not the same in this case, since part of the Subharmonicon's whole deal is the sequencer.

monkeyplusplus

25 Aug 2022

I FIGURED IT OUT. Jeez. The only missing step was enabling 'Send MIDI Clock' in the Options menu - I hope this helps someone else! If you have a question about getting it hooked up right, please drop a message here and I'll see if I can help you.

mimidancer

26 Aug 2022

monkeyplusplus wrote:
25 Aug 2022
Hi all, I've been scratching my head trying to figure a thing out, and thought one of you might already have the solution to what I'm trying to do.

How the heck do you sync Reason's transport and tempo to the Subharmonicon?

I've got Reason 12 and a Moog Subharmonicon (as well as a Mother 32 and DFAM, purchased in that really nice bundle package). I'm trying to sync the Subharmonicon's internal sequencer to play along with Reason's transport and tempo so I can utilize the Subharmonicon's super weirdo polyrhythms in my music. I'm no stranger to sending midi to external synths and recording the output (all the player devices make this SO fun), but it's just not the same in this case, since part of the Subharmonicon's whole deal is the sequencer.
I always reason as the master clock. this seems to eliminate sync issues. You can still your the sequencer on the Moog Sub. I use the sequencer on an esq 1 often with reason. It is great for live-ish jams. In the end I always end up recording all my hardware midi into reason for finishing. Sometimes I capture it as audio depending on what synths I used.

• Information