Active input and output Channels unavailable

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Joao.Simao

22 Aug 2022

Hi folks!

Using reason5 here, because thats all my old laptop can handle.

I have an u-phoria umc22 interface,
with a behringer c-3 mic, all connected to an asus win10 laptop.

In any audio card driver options i have (asio4all, dx and mme) the input and output channels are unavailable. With Asio4All driver, in input channels i have 2 for 2 and output i have 0 for 0. With dx and mme drivers, in input channels i have 0 for 0 and output i have 0 for 0.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

EnochLight

22 Aug 2022

Joao.Simao wrote:
22 Aug 2022
Hi folks!

In any audio card driver options i have (asio4all, dx and mme) the input and output channels are unavailable. With Asio4All driver, in input channels i have 2 for 2 and output i have 0 for 0. With dx and mme drivers, in input channels i have 0 for 0 and output i have 0 for 0.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!
All I can mention is that Reason (no matter which version) on Windows requires ASIO drivers to have audio input, so don't bother with MME or DX. Unless Behringer makes their own ASIO drivers for your UMC22, then you'll have to use ASIO4ALL (which are open source and sort of a pain in the ass to use). That said, have you uninstalled and reinstalled ASIO4ALL? You should have your UMC22's inputs and outputs exposed via ASIO4ALL.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

avasopht
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2022

Joao.Simao wrote:
22 Aug 2022
Hi folks!

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!
ASIO4All might be having trouble acquiring access to your audio interface because another Windows application has acquired it.

There are dummy audio interfaces you can install to let Windows lock that device, freeing up exclusive access to your DAW.

Alternatively, you could configure your audio interface to disable exclusive mode.

• Information