Nobody talks about studio monitors here. What are you guys listening on?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
Micha1973
Posts: 449
Joined: 24 Mar 2017
Location: Germany

Post 15 Jun 2022

KRK Rokit 5 - its great
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

User avatar
wendylou
Posts: 334
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 15 Jun 2022

JBL 305P MkII two-way monitors with balanced inputs featuring waveguides, Class-D amps, Hi Freq. Trim Switch, and Boundary EQ Switch to attenuate low-frequency when placed on a surface or close proximity to walls., although I do have Audimute https://www.audimute.com panels on the wall behind my workstation.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 791
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 16 Jun 2022

hi ya all.

i am listening both: music and my production on my studio monitors M-Audio M3-8 (three way active studio monitors).
Official web site for these monitors

Image
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro x64 | Reason 10 | Reason+ | NCH WavePad Masters Edition

User avatar
Dabbler
Posts: 432
Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Location: Louisville, KY

Post 16 Jun 2022

Behringer Truth B2031A

DJMaytag
Posts: 539
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Location: Madison, WI

Post 19 Jun 2022

First generation Alesis Active M1’s. I’d call them vintage, but I bought them brand new after downsizing from Monitor Two’s and a Matica 500 amp.

User avatar
Noplan
Posts: 724
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Cologne, Germany

Post 19 Jun 2022

KS Digital C5 + B88

User avatar
tallguy
Posts: 298
Joined: 11 Jan 2018

Post 21 Jun 2022

A pair of second-hand Focal Alpha 50's. They're great and reasonably affordable on the second hand market

User avatar
fullforce
Posts: 660
Joined: 18 Aug 2018

Post 26 Jun 2022

Tannoy Reveal
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

RobC
Posts: 1292
Joined: 10 Mar 2018

Post 26 Jun 2022

Rising Night Wave wrote:
16 Jun 2022
hi ya all.

i am listening both: music and my production on my studio monitors M-Audio M3-8 (three way active studio monitors).
Official web site for these monitors

Image
It looks pretty!

danc
Posts: 877
Joined: 14 Oct 2016

Post 27 Jun 2022

I'm another M-audio user... but not as my only listening source, as I run a number of monitors... each with a specific reason...

- Adam Audio T7V, with M-audio Sub SBX-10 (modern monitoring - high quality sound)
- M-Audio CX5 (not as refined as the T7V, but gives a good alternative idea of end results)
- Avantone MixCube (to test out listening with restricted frequency ranges... lacks low lows)
- W-King D10 (to test out what my new creations sound like on a BT speaker - once I have the foundation sounds of a mix (e.g. the kick and bass) I will run it through the D10 before commencing onwards, to ensure it sounds tight and sweet on a consumer device.

=
d2FjPTEyODB4MS4zMzMzMzMzMzMzMzMz_src_6988-sdadsadsadasdsa.jpg
648f8f965a2d001f55bc627de87303b0.jpg
Avantone_02-x.vWjUCiVecdYz8pzOn5DHTTN76pDeVX.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
400+ original grooving Techno, Tech-House, House, Drum-and-Bass tracks on SoundCloud.
Produced in Reason 12 and Studio One 5 (WIndows).


User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 791
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 27 Jun 2022

danc wrote:
27 Jun 2022
I'm another M-audio user... but not as my only listening source, as I run a number of monitors... each with a specific reason...

- Adam Audio T7V, with M-audio Sub SBX-10 (modern monitoring - high quality sound)
- M-Audio CX5 (not as refined as the T7V, but gives a good alternative idea of end results)
- Avantone MixCube (to test out listening with restricted frequency ranges... lacks low lows)
- W-King D10 (to test out what my new creations sound like on a BT speaker - once I have the foundation sounds of a mix (e.g. the kick and bass) I will run it through the D10 before commencing onwards, to ensure it sounds tight and sweet on a consumer device.

=

d2FjPTEyODB4MS4zMzMzMzMzMzMzMzMz_src_6988-sdadsadsadasdsa.jpg
648f8f965a2d001f55bc627de87303b0.jpg
Avantone_02-x.vWjUCiVecdYz8pzOn5DHTTN76pDeVX.jpg
those M-Audio CX5 looks awesome
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro x64 | Reason 10 | Reason+ | NCH WavePad Masters Edition

danc
Posts: 877
Joined: 14 Oct 2016

Post 27 Jun 2022

Rising Night Wave wrote:
27 Jun 2022
danc wrote:
27 Jun 2022
I'm another M-audio user... but not as my only listening source, as I run a number of monitors... each with a specific reason...

- Adam Audio T7V, with M-audio Sub SBX-10 (modern monitoring - high quality sound)
- M-Audio CX5 (not as refined as the T7V, but gives a good alternative idea of end results)
- Avantone MixCube (to test out listening with restricted frequency ranges... lacks low lows)
- W-King D10 (to test out what my new creations sound like on a BT speaker - once I have the foundation sounds of a mix (e.g. the kick and bass) I will run it through the D10 before commencing onwards, to ensure it sounds tight and sweet on a consumer device.

=

d2FjPTEyODB4MS4zMzMzMzMzMzMzMzMz_src_6988-sdadsadsadasdsa.jpg
648f8f965a2d001f55bc627de87303b0.jpg
Avantone_02-x.vWjUCiVecdYz8pzOn5DHTTN76pDeVX.jpg
those M-Audio CX5 looks awesome
I got them at a total bargain price. Basically... this woman was selling them on eBay. They were brand-new. She had had enough of her partner buying far too much music equipment and so she had decided to take it upon herself to sell all of his studio equipment whilst he was away on a business trip. These speakers were his latest acquisition, hadn't been opened and she literally decided to put them up on eBay before he could enjoy them. She was extremely vocal about his non-stop purchases and hours hidden in his studio.

Anyway... I bought the speakers and agreed to go around to her house to pick them up. when I was there she said... do you want anything else - I've got loads of items to get rid of! Super cheap pickings!

I feel sorry for the guy, who would arrive back to an empty studio.
400+ original grooving Techno, Tech-House, House, Drum-and-Bass tracks on SoundCloud.
Produced in Reason 12 and Studio One 5 (WIndows).


User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 791
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 27 Jun 2022

danc wrote:
27 Jun 2022
Rising Night Wave wrote:
27 Jun 2022


those M-Audio CX5 looks awesome
I got them at a total bargain price. Basically... this woman was selling them on eBay. They were brand-new. She had had enough of her partner buying far too much music equipment and so she had decided to take it upon herself to sell all of his studio equipment whilst he was away on a business trip. These speakers were his latest acquisition, hadn't been opened and she literally decided to put them up on eBay before he could enjoy them. She was extremely vocal about his non-stop purchases and hours hidden in his studio.

Anyway... I bought the speakers and agreed to go around to her house to pick them up. when I was there she said... do you want anything else - I've got loads of items to get rid of! Super cheap pickings!

I feel sorry for the guy, who would arrive back to an empty studio.
hehe. interesting story. i am sure this guy went crazy when returnign home. not funny at all. hehe.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro x64 | Reason 10 | Reason+ | NCH WavePad Masters Edition

User avatar
miyaru
Posts: 332
Joined: 28 Oct 2019
Location: Zaanstad, The Netherlands

Post 27 Jun 2022

I use a pair of Presonus Eris E8 combined with Sonarworks V2. Delivers plenty of headroom and bass response.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason Suite 11, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 763
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 27 Jun 2022

Tomeo55 wrote:
15 Jun 2022
I'm faithful to my Tannoy Reveal 502's in my main little studio. Always love their sound and quality (compared them in a listening test vs many other brands)

But I'm also building kind of a separate portable studio setup, and I'm interested in getting a 3.5 or 4 inch woofer monitors that will be able to fit in a small luggage of music stuff for when I travel and etc.

I've seen that the Presonus eris 3.5's have great reviews, but wondering what else you guys would recommend in that size? I may even just get the Tannoy 4 inch model. I'm also a mixing and mastering engineer as well as a producer and I've found that my songs (mostly my recent ones) sound great in many kinds of playback methods: cars, big speaker systems in a small club, consumer electronics, cheap and expensive monitors, headphones, earbuds, etc.
I checked out the 502's as I'm passively looking for some real monitors to upgrade to and these look very solid.
Might actually go for a pair, but I'm sceptical about the space I have to work with for placement. Should probably move my desk away from the wall and get some stands behind it

User avatar
Tomeo55
Posts: 86
Joined: 30 Jan 2022
Location: USA

Post 29 Jun 2022

I have them on speaker stands behind desk on each side. Have u ever heard them in action? They’re one if a kind IMO because the response is flat for the most part but the sound is very detailed and rich. They’re also amazing for playback , not just mixing and mastering. FYI my studio is not even acoustically treated, but there’s workarounds for that ( thanks to gear ,software and production techniques)
Ottostrom wrote:
27 Jun 2022
Tomeo55 wrote:
15 Jun 2022
I'm faithful to my Tannoy Reveal 502's in my main little studio. Always love their sound and quality (compared them in a listening test vs many other brands)

But I'm also building kind of a separate portable studio setup, and I'm interested in getting a 3.5 or 4 inch woofer monitors that will be able to fit in a small luggage of music stuff for when I travel and etc.

I've seen that the Presonus eris 3.5's have great reviews, but wondering what else you guys would recommend in that size? I may even just get the Tannoy 4 inch model. I'm also a mixing and mastering engineer as well as a producer and I've found that my songs (mostly my recent ones) sound great in many kinds of playback methods: cars, big speaker systems in a small club, consumer electronics, cheap and expensive monitors, headphones, earbuds, etc.
I checked out the 502's as I'm passively looking for some real monitors to upgrade to and these look very solid.
Might actually go for a pair, but I'm sceptical about the space I have to work with for placement. Should probably move my desk away from the wall and get some stands behind it
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/c/Tomeo55
https://www.tomeo55.com


:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

User avatar
Kalm
Posts: 553
Joined: 03 Jun 2016
Location: Austin

Post 30 Jun 2022

Yea…

Event Opals and Super Audio Cubes 5
If you’ve seen my channel you’ve seen em
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

User avatar
stillifegaijin
Posts: 140
Joined: 27 Oct 2020

Post 30 Jun 2022

A pair of Focal Solo6 be monitors and a Focal sub. I love them.

I used to have Focal Alpha 50s and I agree with tallguy that they are pretty great...But also maybe a gateway drug.

User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 763
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 30 Jun 2022

Tomeo55 wrote:
29 Jun 2022
I have them on speaker stands behind desk on each side. Have u ever heard them in action? They’re one if a kind IMO because the response is flat for the most part but the sound is very detailed and rich. They’re also amazing for playback , not just mixing and mastering. FYI my studio is not even acoustically treated, but there’s workarounds for that ( thanks to gear ,software and production techniques)
Everybody seems to really like how detailed the sound is.
One small issue I've seen people bring up is their internal sound, which seems to stay the same no matter what volume you have them on.
Is this something you've noticed?

User avatar
Eprom
Posts: 97
Joined: 24 Sep 2017

Post 30 Jun 2022

I still use my trusty Tannoy Reveals
p6859h-4e7c1e750838853a6a8f8b072e4c45a6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

[Mac Mini M1/Macbook Pro M1/MacOS 12.4 - Reason 12]

User avatar
mcatalao
Posts: 1620
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jun 2022

I have a pair of Focals alpha 80 and ADAM A7's.

Lovely stuff, my mixes have great translation with this combo.

strangers
Posts: 695
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 02 Jul 2022

I'm using a pair of JBL LSR305's. Nothing fancy but gets the job done when I need a little break from my Beyerdynamic headphones (DT 770 Pro closed back and DT 990 Pro open back).

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest