Nektar Panorama P4 not connecting to the computer

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
julius-mulius

17 May 2022

I had this P4 working just the other night with Reason 12/Windows 10.

Booted up tonight and I can't get a response from the keys. I checked the preferences for the control surfaces. It no longer finds the p4. There is no green check on the listed device and the notification says the unit cannot be found.

I checked device manager. I had to View the hidden devices to find it. It says the unit is not connected. I checked the USB ports and the cables. No problem there -- the P4 turns on and the sliders do there wackamole.

The next step, according to the Panorama website, is to try it on another computer.
I have Reaper on my kitchen laptop. I plugged the P4 in and Reaper says:

"The following MIDI inputs could not be opened:
PANORAMA P4"

Now I have the P4 configured to use with Reason so I don't know how much that would interfere with the board functioning in Reaper, (I'm actually new to the P4).

Anyone else ever have a problem like this? I thought about a complete uninstall and reinstall, but I can't find directions on how to do that properly.

Help/advice would be appreciated.

Stamatz

20 May 2022

Have you checked the preferences-Midi tab to see if it's enabled?

Is the green checkbox (Use with Reson) checked and Green?

Also check the port on tab when you go into the device.
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

• Information