Nektar usb keyboard-pads split Midi?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Re8et
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2022

I got the Impact LX88+, which is seen by Reason in two modes:
Mixer mode, and standard mode.

It should work that those two modes works on different midi channels, but they are not.
And frankly I haven't yet understood what the mixer mode does that the key mode does not...
But this is not what I wanted to share with anybody that has thought about it even once:

Why can't it be possible to lock the Drum pads to a device, and use the keyboard at the same time for others, synths, etc.

The Keyboard shares, as many other Usb midi Keyboards with finger drums pads, one midi channel only for both keys and the pads.
Here lies the problem. I can see one modding solution with a midi to usb module, an arduino nano mod, so to add a second
physical usb out, but it would have to rewire the pads completely, and rewrite the midi code part.

Has anyone been able to split the pads from the keys in any usb midi keyboard (88 keys) anyway????

demt

27 Apr 2022

I use bespoke keys drums and sliders with nektar gxp88 aura and p1 seems to compliment my workflow,
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information