Korg Wavestate vst Fun fun

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
mimidancer

24 Mar 2022

For a while now I have wanted to purchase a Korg Wavestate. I have more than once advocated for a wave sequencing synth in reason. Maybe someday that will come, but today I purchased the newly released Korg Wavestate VST. Dude, it is so much fun. I just wanted to share my excitement. I made seven performances(patches) in the last 4 hours. Anyone else enjoying this fun synth. Hardware or software I'd love to hear your tip, tricks, and even grievances.

mimidancer

25 Mar 2022

joeyluck wrote:
25 Mar 2022
Would you consider Nostromo to be somewhat similar?
I had never heard of it so I watched a youtube video. I guess I can see it. without programming it, I cannot compare. It seems like every time I like something that is not in Reason someone posts something from Lectric Panda as a response. I should probably check them out. That being said, the Wavestate is incredible. I have the VST3 up and running well in Bluecat in Reason. The included samples from Korg are also amazing. Decades of samples to use in sound design that inspires creativity.

wendylou

25 Mar 2022

mimidancer wrote:
24 Mar 2022
I purchased the newly released Korg Wavestate VST.
I tried the demo, but as it's VST3 only, can't use it in Reason yet. Any workarounds for using VST3's in Reason today, or do we still need to wait for Reason to add VST3 support? Also, have you been able to map the vector stick? I've read reports that mapping MIDI CC 16 and CC17 isn't working for some to control the X-Y vector control.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

BRIGGS

25 Mar 2022

joeyluck wrote:
25 Mar 2022
Would you consider Nostromo to be somewhat similar?
Nostromo FTW :geek:
r11s

Heater

26 Mar 2022

I caved and bought this. It sounds amazing.

mimidancer

26 Mar 2022

Heater wrote:
26 Mar 2022
I caved and bought this. It sounds amazing.
Right, and so much fun.

mimidancer

26 Mar 2022

wendylou wrote:
25 Mar 2022
mimidancer wrote:
24 Mar 2022
I purchased the newly released Korg Wavestate VST.
I tried the demo, but as it's VST3 only, can't use it in Reason yet. Any workarounds for using VST3's in Reason today, or do we still need to wait for Reason to add VST3 support? Also, have you been able to map the vector stick? I've read reports that mapping MIDI CC 16 and CC17 isn't working for some to control the X-Y vector control.
works great in reason with bluecat vst.

mimidancer

26 Mar 2022

mimidancer wrote:
26 Mar 2022
wendylou wrote:
25 Mar 2022

I have not tried to map the stick yet but will do and let you know.

mimidancer

26 Mar 2022

mimidancer wrote:
26 Mar 2022
mimidancer wrote:
26 Mar 2022

I have not tried to map the stick yet but will do and let you know.
So the answer is yes and no. But yes. So in the Wavestate vectors can be controlled by the stick or the "vector envelope" The vector envelope can be mapped to one of our multiple hardware and software control to give you all or partial control over the vector position. In the map, it is all the way to the bottom. You can assign it to many different things. My guess is the person who could not figure it out did not dive deep or maybe had a beta release without this slew of mappable controls.

• Information