Reason remote files for Arturia Keylab MKII

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
CoffeeUp

13 Feb 2022

I have not been able to find a good codec for the Keylab MK2, so I made my own fork of an existing Keylab Essential codec, modified it to support the extra hardware controls of the MK2 keyboards.
It includes remote maps for all current Reason Studios devices, players, effects, etc. as well as maps for the basic performance macros with Arturia V-Collection VSTs.

It is working working quite well now, If you have a Keylab MK2 keyboard, feel free to try it...

https://github.com/TheCoffeeUp/Reason-A ... KII-Remote

altron

21 Feb 2022

Hey thanks! I've had my own take of updating an existing codec which can be found here: https://github.com/ciathyza/reason-keylabmkii-codec but your's seems to have a lot of mapped devices and many other functions. I'll give it a try tomorrow!
Trap is where music goes to die.

altron

22 Feb 2022

Trying to add Keylab MKII in Reason 12 I'm getting these errors, pointing to Proxy Open Plugin Window assignments. Is there anything else needed to have these recognized?
snag_220222_0000.png
snag_220222_0000.png (11.28 KiB) Viewed 1892 times

rmtcvolte

22 Feb 2022

altron wrote:
22 Feb 2022
Trying to add Keylab MKII in Reason 12 I'm getting these errors, pointing to Proxy Open Plugin Window assignments. Is there anything else needed to have these recognized?

snag_220222_0000.png
I just took a look at the github entry, please give it a try and open the "Keylab MKII.remotemap" with an editor, goto the first line mentioned and change "Multi" to "multi" or commend the lines out with "//". If it works do the same for the rest.

altron

22 Feb 2022

rmtcvolte wrote:
22 Feb 2022
altron wrote:
22 Feb 2022

snag_220222_0000.png
I just took a look at the github entry, please give it a try and open the "Keylab MKII.remotemap" with an editor, goto the first line mentioned and change "Multi" to "multi" or commend the lines out with "//". If it works do the same for the rest.
Renaming didn't work. I commented out the lines.

Your codecs work well for most part for me. Great work! I did re-add the Drum pads codec from my codec files so I could map it to Kong and use it on drums regardless on which track I am.

One issue I noticed: It seems you have to have the Dual Apreggio targeted to change its params but can't play the instrument unless you focus that one which is a bit awkward. But I guess it's a limitation.

CoffeeUp

03 Mar 2022

Whoops, good catch. I noticed that I forgot to upload the "Keylab MKII.lua" codec file which contained the "select" and "multi" buttons.
I find that having a dedicated button to open/close the VST plugin windows does make things go a lot smoother.

loungepuppy

11 Dec 2023

Hi guys,
I received a Keylab MKII 61 today, followed the instructions on the Github. Seems to work, I just need to familiarize myself a bit.
I couldn't find any info about if anything has improved in term of Arturias and Propellerheads software since your original posts.
Thx for your work!

• Information