Laptop CPU- Help Deciding

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
skie

31 Jan 2022

Hello I'm now looking at Dell XPS laptops and wondering if I should get the i5-1135G7 chip or the i7-1195G7. My main concern is minimizing Audio Rendering time (when I'm exporting tracks to .WAV), and less of a concern but still important is fan noise and battery life. I don't like touch screens but the i7 only comes in touch screen varieties, I'd have to get the i5 chip for non-touch, and it's limited to 8GB ram.

As it relates to Reason: would I see a noticeable a "real world" performance gain with the i7 over the i5? And would 8GB RAM be considered limiting for Reason in any way (browser issues maybe, idk)? I'd think the i5 would be cooler, more quiet, and better battery life than the i7. And what aspects of a CPU affect the audio rendering time? Thank you

skie

31 Jan 2022

Ended up going with the Dell XPS 9305 13" https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-la ... 305-laptop . Found this model after some digging on their site...It offers the i7 1165G7 chip and no touch screen...and was 700 USD less than the more recent model 9310 with the i7 1195g7 chip. Happy with my purchase all in all.

• Information