Ghost/Cached Remote Files Win 10 Driving Me Nuts - does anyone know how to clear

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
bluedog_sd

30 Jan 2022

I'm going crazy.
Windows 10, Reason 12
C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason 12\Remote\DefaultMaps\[my_manufacturer]\[myfile].remotemap

I am working on a remote map for a week. 6 days fine - make some changes, reload the device in preferences, works. Fix errors, add new controls, no problem. 20 reloads a night and it was all normal.

Then it stopped. Reason threw an error "[some issue] on lines 583, 587, 590" - the file only has 540 lines. I'm thinking it's just my line numbers, I'm digging, reloading, nothing. I delete half the entries and still get this same line number error. I check for sure, no white space. Reason is not reading from the file I am working on and have been all week.

Then I rename the file. Still get the errors. Then I delete the folder. Same.

I search and find something in like [user]/AppData - I try to delete everything

Nothing does any good. Reboot.

All of a sudden I get the green light on the device in Reason prefs - there literally isn't a folder C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason 12\Remote\DefaultMaps\[my_manufacturer]

It's deleted. The device is connected but I can't edit a file because it doesn't exist.

I try to put the file in again and edit it and nothing, none of the changes work. I can fill it with errors and it doesn't fail. It's reading a ghost file.

Does anyone know how to deal with this? It's driving me insane.
I'm Mark :puf_smile:
The guy who built a touch device MIDI controller for the SSL on TouchOSC - JQD Mirror
https://jqdmirror.com/

• Information