Trying to decide between these 5 controllers...

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
gkillmaster

30 Jan 2022

I don't care about having keys, I care about the MIDI and DAW controls in Reason. I also use Bitwig interchangeable so good Bitwig integration is a plus (but not a necessity). I don't need the pads, but don't mind them. Interested in DAW transport control and rack device control and using it to send continuous controller data.
Thanks for any opinions on these!

https://nektartech.com/panorama-p1/
https://nektartech.com/impact-lx-mini/

https://novationmusic.com/en/launch/launch-control-xl
https://novationmusic.com/en/keys/launchkey-mini

https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid ... i/overview

Rising Night Wave

30 Jan 2022

hi gkillmaster. sorry for a post from me that is irelevant. hehe. sorry okey.
i checked your 5 links and found exactly what i would like to have.
omfg it is cool and gorgeous piece of hardware. a midi controller.

this!: https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid ... i/overview
the KeyLab MkII 49 version black. hay yay yay yay yay.

omg i want to have this!

Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

QVprod

30 Jan 2022

If DAW control is the primary thing you want then the P1 is the clear winner. Nektar is the only one with deep integration with both Reason and Bitwig. The LX series controllers is a step down from the panorama line.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2022

QVprod wrote:
30 Jan 2022
If DAW control is the primary thing you want then the P1 is the clear winner. Nektar is the only one with deep integration with both Reason and Bitwig. The LX series controllers is a step down from the panorama line.
Yep. And the Arturia one doesn’t sit right with Reason if I remember correctly. It does look nice though.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7518072&hilit=Arturia+keylb
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Rising Night Wave

30 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
30 Jan 2022
QVprod wrote:
30 Jan 2022
Yep. And the Arturia one doesn’t sit right with Reason if I remember correctly. It does look nice though.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7518072&hilit=Arturia+keylb
i checked on official site for arturia - that one i like like wow much - and in list of supported daws there was no Reason. so... i can hang my self. fv**!
ps: if this midi controller is not officialy supported by arturia - is there any way to connect it with Reason DAW?
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

gkillmaster

30 Jan 2022

Thanks everyone! I was also thinking of the Arturia Keystep Pro. It sounds amazing as a controller with a great sequencer but I'd be paying for a keyboard and I already have 4 keyboards...

gkillmaster

30 Jan 2022

O, and after some reading, seems like I should add the Korg NanoKontrol2 !

gullum

30 Jan 2022

for daw only controls I would go with something that has motorized faders and endless encoders
any of the Icon Qcon series or the Behringer X-touch or Faderport. you could go Makie or SSL but they are to expensive for what you get. No matter witch one you get you will need to do some mapping as most of the remote mapps that come with Reason are sooo outdated

gkillmaster

30 Jan 2022

gullum wrote:
30 Jan 2022
for daw only controls I would go with something that has motorized faders and endless encoders
any of the Icon Qcon series or the Behringer X-touch or Faderport. you could go Makie or SSL but they are to expensive for what you get. No matter witch one you get you will need to do some mapping as most of the remote mapps that come with Reason are sooo outdated
Thanks, hadn't thought about these. The Behringer X-Touch One looks really good but wish it had a couple rotary controllers I could use to send MIDI continuous controller data. Makes me wonder if the Behringer X-Touch Mini-Ultra would be a good choice (though not motorized) over the nanoKontrol2. Yeh, I do want some MIDI control with the DAW control if possible. I like the way the Behringers have a switch from DAW to instrument control. I do wonder about compatibility with Reason (and Bitwig) with the Faderport.

gkillmaster

30 Jan 2022

Does the Icon Nano control MIDI CCs?

polysix

31 Jan 2022

QVprod wrote:
30 Jan 2022
The last firmware for P Series is two years old. I Do not know if nektar brings in the future a bug fix version... Seems to go end with support...?? A nice controller but with no future support... I don't know..

gullum

31 Jan 2022

I do have the X-Touch mini and its grate the 2 layers give it 16 knobs and they are endless so for continuous controller data it should be perfect. The Behringer X-Touch One would be good if combined with an Behringer X-Touch ex for the added faders and knobs.

gkillmaster

31 Jan 2022

gullum wrote:
31 Jan 2022
I do have the X-Touch mini and its grate the 2 layers give it 16 knobs and they are endless so for continuous controller data it should be perfect. The Behringer X-Touch One would be good if combined with an Behringer X-Touch ex for the added faders and knobs.
Thanks! How well is the X-Touch series integrated into Reason (and also Bitwig)? I'm drawn to the Nektar cause of the great deep integration. I've struggled in the past to get things to integrate well and it has kept me from getting a flow going.

Looks like the X-Touch One does have one rotary encoder. Can it be used to send MIDI cc?

gkillmaster

31 Jan 2022

polysix wrote:
31 Jan 2022
QVprod wrote:
30 Jan 2022
The last firmware for P Series is two years old. I Do not know if nektar brings in the future a bug fix version... Seems to go end with support...?? A nice controller but with no future support... I don't know..
I was actually wondering about this. Thanks for the info. I see that the P1 was released in 2013, so almost 10 years old. Doesn't mean it won't be useful but it does worry me a bit to spend $300 on a device that has been around that long and not updated recently.

QVprod

31 Jan 2022

polysix wrote:
31 Jan 2022
QVprod wrote:
30 Jan 2022
True about the firmware. But it’s still unbeaten in integration with both DAWs. It’s also still being sold which means it’ll likely be supported for the near future. Nektar doesn’t seem too interested in creating a successor. My P6 still works well after almost 10 years of having it.

gkillmaster

31 Jan 2022

QVprod wrote:
31 Jan 2022
polysix wrote:
31 Jan 2022

True about the firmware. But it’s still unbeaten in integration with both DAWs. It’s also still being sold which means it’ll likely be supported for the near future. Nektar doesn’t seem too interested in creating a successor. My P6 still works well after almost 10 years of having it.
Thanks! Great to hear.

demt

13 Feb 2022

For integrated drums the nektar aura but it's not stand alone
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

gkillmaster

13 Feb 2022

I ended up finding a P1 for $200 and am so far very happy with it (though faders have a cheap feel to them). Between Carly's mappings and Nektarine, life in my studio has gotten much easier! It boiled down to a choice between the P1 and the Behringer X-Touch and I really wanted to deep device intergration. Nektarine works so well for me in Bitwig with VSTs too.

• Information