Well integrated control surfaces for Reason 12?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
gkillmaster

25 Jan 2022

I'm curious which control surfaces (with or without keyboard) are well integrated into Reason for controlling it as a DAW as well as doing MIDI/CV and CC. Would be great if it had dials, XY pad, some pads and sliders. The musical functions are more important to me than the DAW functions.

Thanks!

Greg K.

gkillmaster

25 Jan 2022

Oops, sorry. I posted in the wrong forum. Not sure how to move it. Guess it should be in the Hardware forum.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2022

Nektar T4/ T6. Integrated as hell. Inputs for sustain and expression pedals (not so common to have Exp for some reason). MIDI mappings for Reason REs and VSTs. Sliders and knobs. Sequencer controls etc etc.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

gkillmaster

26 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
25 Jan 2022
Nektar T4/ T6. Integrated as hell. Inputs for sustain and expression pedals (not so common to have Exp for some reason). MIDI mappings for Reason REs and VSTs. Sliders and knobs. Sequencer controls etc etc.
Yay, great to know about. Thanks! I hadn't thought of Nektar and I do use an expression pedal a lot.

cgijoe

26 Jan 2022

You'll hear everyone around hear endorse Nektar for good cause, there is more support from both the company and users for Reason integration. PoohBear on YouTube has several videos comparing the different Nektar keyboards and integrations. My keyboard/controller broke recently, and I replaced it with the Novation SL MK3, only for it's integration with other external devices. It can still do some standard manual mapping, but I rarely edit soft synths through devices. My needs are mostly to map a parameter to a knob for the automation performance recording.

gkillmaster

26 Jan 2022

cgijoe wrote:
26 Jan 2022
You'll hear everyone around hear endorse Nektar for good cause, there is more support from both the company and users for Reason integration. PoohBear on YouTube has several videos comparing the different Nektar keyboards and integrations. My keyboard/controller broke recently, and I replaced it with the Novation SL MK3, only for it's integration with other external devices. It can still do some standard manual mapping, but I rarely edit soft synths through devices. My needs are mostly to map a parameter to a knob for the automation performance recording.
Thanks! And I'll check out the videos.

gkillmaster

27 Jan 2022

cgijoe wrote:
26 Jan 2022
Poohbear's videos are super helpful. Thanks for the mention. I'm interested to find out more about the Nektar Panorama P1. I love his in depth video about Pattern Mutator!

wendylou

29 Jan 2022

Is anyone with a Nektar P4/P6 keyboard also using a P1? Any advantage to using both at the same time?
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Arpeg
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2022

wendylou wrote:
29 Jan 2022
Is anyone with a Nektar P4/P6 keyboard also using a P1? Any advantage to using both at the same time?
This video may help from Pooh Bear as he does mention the P1 works brilliantly for mapping the keyboards etc. The video is about the three main Keyboards from Nektar - P, T, and LX and a little bit about the P1 @17 minutes in the vid. His set up at the time of making the video was a T4 with a P1 as can be seen at the end of the video.

Easy ;)

miyaru

30 Jan 2022

Mmm, I use an Ableton Push2 with PusheR2 to control Reason 11 suite, does a good job!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

gkillmaster

30 Jan 2022

I'm curious of the newer Nektar Impact LX Mini 25-key Keyboard Controller has the same mapping functionality as the Nektar Panorama P1 ?

And, would you rather get the Nektar controller below or the Novation equivalent?

This thing:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... controller

QVprod

30 Jan 2022

gkillmaster wrote:
30 Jan 2022
I'm curious of the newer Nektar Impact LX Mini 25-key Keyboard Controller has the same mapping functionality as the Nektar Panorama P1 ?

And, would you rather get the Nektar controller below or the Novation equivalent?

This thing:
Just responded in the other thread, but the LX stuff is a step down from the Panorama line. It has less functionality. Plus the screen on the P1 makes major difference in knowing what you’re controlling, and being able to control multiple things.

gkillmaster

30 Jan 2022

QVprod wrote:
30 Jan 2022
gkillmaster wrote:
30 Jan 2022

This thing:
Just responded in the other thread, but the LX stuff is a step down from the Panorama line. It has less functionality. Plus the screen on the P1 makes major difference in knowing what you’re controlling, and being able to control multiple things.
I appreciate this a lot! Great to know...

gkillmaster

30 Jan 2022

I've heard mention of the Korg NanoKontrol 2 being a great controller. Anyone used it with Reason? I'm curious how well the integration is?

• Information