AD Converter question

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Mattvank

24 Nov 2021

Hello,
I work ITB and don´t want to change that. But i think my Laptop doesn´t show the ,,real Audioquality´´.
I thought it doesn´t matter but it seems to be that such DAC converter doing well for better listening.
I´m using AKG 271 and Kurzweil KS40 A Monitors.

I see the M-Audio Micro DAC 24/192. Are there any alternatives?
I mean, there Audio Interfaces With Knobs and Inputs are cheaper which i can´t explain to me.

QVprod

24 Nov 2021

Laptop converters are usually not the best. For low price range I’d recommend Audient interfaces. They sound considerably better than the more popular Focusrite stuff in my opinion. The EVO 4 might cover your needs.

moofi

25 Nov 2021

I just watched a video (though in German) comparing Focusrite Scarlett Solo, Audient ID4, Rode AI-1. All around 100+ Euros. Though the now updated, MKII version of the Audient ID4 is currently at around 130 Euros. The conclusion, at least from that video (didn´t watch it completely but greater parts) is they are all quite usable with each design having its individual advantages and quirks over the other.) It includes noiselevel microphone input comparisons. I linked the video starting at the combined comparison part, showing the technical comparison chart at the beginning, that could even be interesting if you don´t understand German.

Mattvank

25 Nov 2021

The thing is, i don´t need Knobs and Inputs. Just convert and not to big. I also saw the Behringer UC Interfaces.

I found in my Desk a Sennheiser PC8 Headphone and think it´s not so bad. I use it yesterday for hours without that the ears become tired. I will post a track soon than you can compare and tell me what i i listen wrong.

• Information