Got a new PC

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
Heigen5
Posts: 1153
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Location: Finland / Suomi

Post 24 Aug 2021

It's a Dell

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K 10. Gen. 10 Cores CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz - turbo 5,3Ghz
Dell Inc. 0D4MD1 (U3E1) Motherboard,
Samsung SSD 2Tb Harddrive,
16Gb DDR4 Ram,
Asus Monitor PA278QV (2560x1440@59Hz)
Intel UHD Graphics Card 630 (Dell)
Windows 10 Pro

I will need to up my ram to 32Gb, but otherwise I'm settled.
A good thing is that it's very quiet too.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2786
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 24 Aug 2021

I worked with lots of different systems over the years and my last job had me supporting over 600 desktop devices mostly dell and I would say that they are really helpful with parts and support.

What price did you pay for it?
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Heigen5
Posts: 1153
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Location: Finland / Suomi

Post 24 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
24 Aug 2021
I worked with lots of different systems over the years and my last job had me supporting over 600 desktop devices mostly dell and I would say that they are really helpful with parts and support.

What price did you pay for it?
The PC cost around 1545€ + few hundred for the extra warranty. I also bought an external 1Tb Harddrive and 2Tb internal SSD. which were 300€. And a new Asus ProArt 27 inched monitor was 350€.
So overall it was 2395€.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2786
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 24 Aug 2021

That's a nice chunk of change, best you get started on the software installs. Have fun
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Heigen5
Posts: 1153
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Location: Finland / Suomi

Post 24 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
24 Aug 2021
That's a nice chunk of change, best you get started on the software installs. Have fun
I already have installed everything and all the hardware works just fine. I'm really happy that I solved everything without an extra help. Cheers! :-)

User avatar
miyaru
Posts: 242
Joined: 28 Oct 2019
Location: Zaanstad, The Netherlands

Post 24 Aug 2021

Congrats with the new "monster"........ Have fun and a lot of productivity with it!!!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason Suite 11, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Rob Papen's Predator 2, Sonarworks Reference 4.

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 519
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 24 Aug 2021

Heigen5 wrote:
24 Aug 2021
It's a Dell

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K 10. Gen. 10 Cores CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz - turbo 5,3Ghz
Dell Inc. 0D4MD1 (U3E1) Motherboard,
Samsung SSD 2Tb Harddrive,
16Gb DDR4 Ram,
Asus Monitor PA278QV (2560x1440@59Hz)
Intel UHD Graphics Card 630 (Dell)
Windows 10 Pro

I will need to up my ram to 32Gb, but otherwise I'm settled.
A good thing is that it's very quiet too.
superb! a lot of good work with it. thumbs up!
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro x64 | Propellerhead Reason 10 | Reason+ Subscription

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 519
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 24 Aug 2021

miyaru wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Congrats with the new "monster"........ Have fun and a lot of productivity with it!!!!!!
:thumbup:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro x64 | Propellerhead Reason 10 | Reason+ Subscription

User avatar
Heigen5
Posts: 1153
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Location: Finland / Suomi

Post 24 Aug 2021

miyaru wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Congrats with the new "monster"........ Have fun and a lot of productivity with it!!!!!!
Thanks bro, feels so good indeed to have a new "monster". :cool:
Rising Night Wave wrote:
24 Aug 2021
superb! a lot of good work with it. thumbs up!
Thanks - appreciate it! :thumbup:

User avatar
Heigen5
Posts: 1153
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Location: Finland / Suomi

Post 24 Aug 2021

asus_proart.jpg
Dell_pc.jpg
Here they are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests