Reason Helped me get Cubase 11 Pro for a Reason-able Price

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Mistro17

24 Jul 2021

And I can bring Reason with me as a plugin since I have 11 suite. I am by no means saying I'm leaving Reason, there's just awesome things that Cubase provides like scoring with video along with great editing tools for that purpose, expression maps so I don't always have to break out my 88 keyboard to get at keyswitches or redo different versions of the same track while experimenting, tools that aid in chord progression doodling, etc. I will be using both because I love the Reason Rack and the plugin won't get me all the usage like in the full DAW for some things.

Just FYI if you have a receipt for your copy of Reason or any other DAW, you can get Cubase 11 Pro via competitive crossgrade for only $199 at Sweetwater. Purchasing Cubase artist gets you a copy of Pro free for the next 8 days. So I guess this offer ends at the end of the month. Just learned about it yesterday. I would suggest talking with a sales agent to get all set up. Artist costs $302 but the DAW crossgrade will bring it down to $199. If you have a Sweetwater card, you can do this with special financing too...very low. Only downside to getting Cubase Pro version (not any version lower) is you have to get a Stienberg USB dongle but that extra cost is nothing getting this DAW at such a low price. Just tempting someone else's GAS like what happened to me in this situation (I promised myself to wait until Black Friday or something lol). Paying forward and all that.

EDITED to clear up time limitation info

miscend

25 Jul 2021

Cubase is a beast of a DAW!

Mistro17

25 Jul 2021

miscend wrote:
25 Jul 2021
Cubase is a beast of a DAW!
Yeah, I'm really enjoying it. I'm enjoying the workflow features as much as making the music. It's like I entered a whole new world. Loving it! :cool:

DaveyG

25 Jul 2021

That is one heck of an offer. Looks like it is also available to users of most other DAWs:

Ableton Live 8 or higher (Standard and Suite / excluding Intro)
Apple Logic 9 or higher
Avid Pro Tools 9 or higher including subscriptions (Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD / excluding First)
Cakewalk Sonar X2 or higher (Platinum and Professional / excluding Artist / Cakewalk by Bandlab is excluded)
Cockos Reaper (Commercial license only / excluding discounted license)
Image Line FL Studio 11 or higher (Signature and Producer / excluding Fruity)
Magix Samplitude Pro X 1 or higher (excluding Music Studio)
Magix Sequoia 9 or higher
MOTU Digital Performer 7 or higher
PreSonus Studio One (Professional / excluding Prime and Artist)
Propellerhead Reason 6 or higher

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... e-download

doze

25 Jul 2021

How long did it take to get your download, or code?

Mistro17

26 Jul 2021

doze wrote:
25 Jul 2021
How long did it take to get your download, or code?
I got mine within the hour after purchase. Not right away though.

doze

26 Jul 2021

Thanks, still haven't gotten mine, but then it is/was Sunday, so will see today. Is it useable before you get the Steinberg Key?

Cheers

Mistro17

26 Jul 2021

doze wrote:
26 Jul 2021
Thanks, still haven't gotten mine, but then it is/was Sunday, so will see today. Is it useable before you get the Steinberg Key?

Cheers
Not the Pro version. I had to wait. Fortunately I have Amazon prime account so I was able to get a 1 day shipment. So I actually didn't get to use it until the next day. If you have a music store you can get to, you can probably get one right away. Where did you buy it from?

doze

26 Jul 2021

Mistro17 wrote:
26 Jul 2021
doze wrote:
26 Jul 2021

Cheers
Not the Pro version. I had to wait. Fortunately I have Amazon prime account so I was able to get a 1 day shipment. So I actually didn't get to use it until the next day. If you have a music store you can get to, you can probably get one right away. Where did you buy it from?
Got from Sweetwater. Hmm, the dongle must be delaying it. Thanks for the info.

Onkel Paul

28 Jul 2021

I did the same with Studio One (which is heavily influenced by cubase). Having a REASON License entitled me for a substancial discount. And while Studio One offers so much functionality already (including a more that basic Notation tool), I have meanwhile bought the Notion Software that is so thightly integrated with the DAW.
This, together with the seemless intergration of melodyne (ARA,) makes a perfect production environment for a singer/songwriter type of musician. I can play and record or enter notation on a sheet or draw MIDI events in a squencer - all interacting with each other. I the end I have a demo to listen to along with a lead sheet or a full partiture to hand out to fellow musicians. Or I can polish further to publish a song on my own

For me, REASON was a nice toy that I bought when I did not know what I would really need back in the days of REASON 2. Coming from Steinberg 24 on an Atari ST, and a Tascam 4 Track studio that was a nice step up. I had some fun whith it ( and still have). Right now I have REASON 11 Suite and some REs on top. All that can still be used within Studio One and is part of a bigger picture now. The Invest is not lost (and had some extra value when getting Studio One). Likewise the Investment triggered by REASON - my Nektar Panorama. That controller complements Studio One as good as it did REASON. So I am still happy with REASON, yet I may not find a reason to justify further upgrades.
Funny thing, my son who made hip hop loops to rap along when he started to make musik made the same switch now. Now recording songs for and with some fellow musicians, he had outgrown REASON as well and found Studio One a much better tool for the now different task.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2021

Last day of the offer. Any reason other than GAS to get this?

Edit: Worked out the answer myself. Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Mistro17

31 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
31 Jul 2021

I'm just curious what your answer turned out to be. Definitely not GAS in my case as I only ever used Reason so getting Cubase and straight to Pro version at that is a huge upgrade in my music toolbox. And it's good timing since Cubase had a major update for it's latest version with awesome features. It's not like just getting another vst plugin.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2021

Mistro17 wrote:
31 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote:
31 Jul 2021

I'm just curious what your answer turned out to be. Definitely not GAS in my case as I only ever used Reason so getting Cubase and straight to Pro version at that is a huge upgrade in my music toolbox. It's not like just getting another vst plugin.
I decided it was in fact GAS and not to buy it. Ive only ever used Reason and to be honest it does everything I want personally and more. So yeah…no need. I hate those “great deals” though. Hard to stay strong. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Mistro17

31 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
31 Jul 2021
Mistro17 wrote:
31 Jul 2021

I'm just curious what your answer turned out to be. Definitely not GAS in my case as I only ever used Reason so getting Cubase and straight to Pro version at that is a huge upgrade in my music toolbox. It's not like just getting another vst plugin.
I decided it was in fact GAS and not to buy it. Ive only ever used Reason and to be honest it does everything I want personally and more. So yeah…no need. I hate those “great deals” though. Hard to stay strong. :)
I hear you. My main reason was for the video scoring within a DAW etc. I was looking at Cubase for a while already. But I will never leave Reason. It's like how I use my 3D programs. I have one for certain kinds of modeling and another for different purposes the other lacks and they play nice together. Stay strong....I had no chance in this latest GAS battle LOL. But now that I recently got Komplete 13 Ultimate and Cubase within 2 months, I should be good for very a long time...... well....I don't see why not atm :-)

• Information