Happy New MIDI Interface Day

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
miyaru

23 Jul 2021

Yesterday my new MIDI Interfaced arrived: an ESI M4U-EX.

It has 8 free configurable ports, meaning they can be used either as input or as output. The unit senses what it needs to do with incoming and outgoing signals.

The reason I bought it is that my old interfcae would not handle MIDI well in the first place, and gave problems with Retouch PusheR2 software to connect my Ableton Push2 to Reason 11 Suite. The new interface does it very good and I'm happy with it. It is tight in timing and works without any flaws.

There are two things that I don't like: it is no 19 inch formfactor unit, and there is no powerswitch. If the powersupply is connected, the unit works as merge/splitter/router in standby mode of the computer. This way the unit is always on! What is nice about the connection of the powersupply: The box functions also as an USB3 Hub with 3 ports.

I have decided not to use the powersupply, so no USB for me now, but at least it powers off when my PC does.

At a cost of € 130,= this is a very neat little box to have, and finally, I can hookup all my MIDI devices if I want to. I still have my old trusty Yamaha RM1x Sequence Remixer and some Yamaha MIDI drumpads. These are next to my Korg N1 and R3 which are in use now.

The ESI box is class compliant, so no need for drivers in Win10 and Mac OS!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

motuscott

23 Jul 2021

Wit you brah!
Having a Happy New Audio Interface Day over here.
My Scarlet4i4G3 arrived one day after my beloved home studio MOTU 828mkII died.
#2 MOTU828mkII living in my rehearsal space for multi track drum recording. Life est gut
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

motuscott

23 Jul 2021

Maybe change my handle to ScarletScrod?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

miyaru

23 Jul 2021

@Motuscott: I have a Scarlet too: an 18i20 3rd gen - I really like it, it is a good interface!!!!

Have fun with your new interface, and keep your name as it is fun!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

• Information