Messed up my guitar. I am sad.

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
DaveyG

16 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
16 Jun 2021
Yeah, well. My guitar was "broken" and I also had a space in the studio so I guess it's ok that I just ordered an awesome Jazzmaster. Woohooo!!!!!
Not going to get it until Feb 2022 at the earliest but...woohooooo!!!! :)
Yeah, the Jazzmaster replaces the, ahem, "broken" guitar but you also have an opportunity to replace the sitar with a another guitar, perhaps one you could have in your hands tomorrow. Or I suppose you could buy some bagpipes (to continue a previous thread).

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2021

DaveyG wrote:
16 Jun 2021
MrFigg wrote:
16 Jun 2021
Yeah, well. My guitar was "broken" and I also had a space in the studio so I guess it's ok that I just ordered an awesome Jazzmaster. Woohooo!!!!!
Not going to get it until Feb 2022 at the earliest but...woohooooo!!!! :)
Yeah, the Jazzmaster replaces the, ahem, "broken" guitar but you also have an opportunity to replace the sitar with a another guitar, perhaps one you could have in your hands tomorrow. Or I suppose you could buy some bagpipes (to continue a previous thread).
I am going to use that space for my empty bag of gold.

Edit: Hmm I guess if it’s empty then it’s just a bag now.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mcatalao
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
16 Jun 2021
That sitar actually got sent back. The frets were moving about. Not tied tightly enough. Was just as well really as there was no way in earth I could have learned to play it without a teacher. It was too beautiful an instrument to lie in my studio only for
me to play Paint it Black once or twice a week.
Isn't the idea of the frets of the sitar to move so that you have microtonal ragas? I thought the idea was to loosen them to change the positions then tighten them again to fix it for a given song. But I might be wrong.

PS.: You can go twice a week to your studio? Luck bastard. :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2021

mcatalao wrote:
16 Jun 2021
MrFigg wrote:
16 Jun 2021
That sitar actually got sent back. The frets were moving about. Not tied tightly enough. Was just as well really as there was no way in earth I could have learned to play it without a teacher. It was too beautiful an instrument to lie in my studio only for
me to play Paint it Black once or twice a week.
Isn't the idea of the frets of the sitar to move so that you have microtonal ragas? I thought the idea was to loosen them to change the positions then tighten them again to fix it for a given song. But I might be wrong.

PS.: You can go twice a week to your studio? Luck bastard. :D
No, you can alter them of course but the whole point is that they bind them tightly so they aren’t wobbly. They do it with wet thread so when it dries it shrinks and pulls tight. Four of the frets on my sitar were wobbly. If you want microtonal you bend the string.

Studio is in the house so I can go every five minutes or so. Which I often do :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

17 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
16 Jun 2021
Studio is in the house so I can go every five minutes or so. Which I often do :).
Rehearsal spacemates are busy this week so I was able to leave my drums and mics set up for the whole week.
This is what happiness must be like.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

PhillipOrdonez

17 Jun 2021

Sounds like the story is ending on a positive note. 🤗

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
17 Jun 2021
I’ll tell you in February. Been reading negative things about the. bridge on those vintage guitars. Seems the strings hop out. Maybe put some heavier gauge on than the 0.10s it comes with.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

17 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
17 Jun 2021
I’ll tell you in February. Been reading negative things about the. bridge on those vintage guitars. Seems the strings hop out. Maybe put some heavier gauge on than the 0.10s it comes with.
The plot thickens 😱

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Jun 2021

A good series keeps the viewer in suspense

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2021

orthodox wrote:
17 Jun 2021
A good series keeps the viewer in suspense
Always leave them wanting less.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Jun 2021

I am disappointed about the fate of The Sitar from the previous season. It seemed promising, but turned out to be a supporting character.

motuscott

18 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
17 Jun 2021
Maybe shim the guitar neck pocket?
This guy seems yo know his way around an offset Fender guitar
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChJ0WL ... _6tUSJb1oA
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2021

motuscott wrote:
18 Jun 2021
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2021

Maybe shim the guitar neck pocket?
This guy seems yo know his way around an offset Fender guitar
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChJ0WL ... _6tUSJb1oA
Thanks for the link. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Jun 2021

Guitar back :). Frets filed down. Turns out there were a few high ones. Now plays great. No buzzes and in tune the whole way up the neck. So it wasn't broken after all. :)
Just as well I ordered that Jazzmaster before I knew that :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Re8et
Competition Winner

13 Aug 2021

I messed down my Topolona VCA mixer just as we entered lockdown... it's still dissected... I can understand you..
I can't buy a new one, as I built my unit DIY... happy music with your new onew!

• Information