Desk with (piano) keyboard tray

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
pongasoft
RE Developer

14 Jun 2021

I am not sure it is technically "hardware" per se, but I am looking for a desk that would have a tray that can fit a 49 keys midi keyboard. I have seen desks for sale that have the opposite setup: the tray is for the computer keyboard and the midi keyboard sits on the primary surface. I want the primary surface to hold my computer keyboard and mouse with the tray holding my midi keyboard.

Any idea/recommendation of where I can find such a desk?

Thanks
Yan

joeyluck

14 Jun 2021

I had been looking for a desk with a keyboard tray for an 88 key keyboard, but I also like my setup to be portable and modular.

So ultimately, I went with an ikea desk (table), and a rolling keyboard stand. So not only does the keyboard stand take the weight of my heavy Studiologic SL-990XP, I can roll it underneath the table or move it off to the side if I want.

I don't like moving big desks every time I move. They're heavy and I don't like having to take too many things apart.

The desks by Output look ok, but I still prefer a table and a rolling keyboard stand underneath.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2021

I've modded an old Quicklock Z-250 mixing structure for that. I bought keyboards under 15 Kilos (Maudio Keystation 88, Roland RD88), and the keyboard stand has endured it (believe it or not!).
I bought this for 100 eur second hand, and It's been the core of my studio for the last 14 years!

Despondo
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2021

joeyluck wrote:
14 Jun 2021
...a rolling keyboard stand. So not only does the keyboard stand take the weight of my heavy Studiologic SL-990XP, I can roll it underneath the table or move it off to the side if I want.
Hi Joey,

What make and model stand do you have? Looking for something like this as well.

joeyluck

14 Jun 2021

Despondo wrote:
14 Jun 2021
joeyluck wrote:
14 Jun 2021
...a rolling keyboard stand. So not only does the keyboard stand take the weight of my heavy Studiologic SL-990XP, I can roll it underneath the table or move it off to the side if I want.
Hi Joey,

What make and model stand do you have? Looking for something like this as well.
I have the previous version of this

Looks like they added a headphone hook and locking straps which seem unnecessary, but maybe great for live use if you're rocking out?

The wheels looks a little different too than the ones on mine, but you should also be able to replace them with different wheels you might like better. The ones on mine work well enough.

Despondo
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2021

joeyluck wrote:
14 Jun 2021
I have the previous version of this...
Thanks!

• Information