All of the Moog apps are currently FREE in the Apple App Store

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
joeyluck

21 May 2021

To celebrate Bob Moog's birthday, all of the Moog apps are currently free.

Animoog
Model 15
Model D
Filtatron

That also includes Model 15 for macOS.

MannequinRaces

22 May 2021

Cool! Animoog is still one of all time favorites! Might have to check out Model 15. Thanks for the heads up Joey.

aeox
Competition Winner

22 May 2021

Wonder if I can put these on an account for later down the road if I ever have mac or iphone :D

Bob Moogs birthday is the day before mine, that's neat!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2021

aeox wrote: ↑
22 May 2021

Wow. I just realized Bob Moog’s birthday is 6 weeks and 5 days after mine. That’s neat too :).

Happy birthday by the way.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

challism

22 May 2021

MrFigg wrote: ↑
22 May 2021
aeox wrote: ↑
22 May 2021

Wow. I just realized Bob Moog’s birthday is 6 weeks and 5 days after mine. That’s neat too :).

Wow, I just realized Bob's birthday is 5 months and 4 days before mine. Is that neat?

Too bad these apps aren't available in the Google Play store. Google really needs to fix their Android sound latency issues. Sucks. I'm sick of everything being available only for Apple.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2021

challism wrote: ↑
22 May 2021
22 May 2021

Wow, I just realized Bob's birthday is 5 months and 4 days before mine. Is that neat?

Too bad these apps aren't available in the Google Play store. Google really needs to fix their Android sound latency issues. Sucks. I'm sick of everything being available only for Apple.
It really and truly is!!!
Ask for an iPhone when it comes around.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

stratatonic

22 May 2021

Why...I have a birthday some months and days by that date as well! Isn't that neat?

Happiness all around! Happy Birthday to all!

BTW, the Moog Model 15 can be used on mac computer if you have Big Sur/macOS 11

challism

22 May 2021

22 May 2021
22 May 2021

Ask for an iPhone... I'd rather ask for a kick in the nuts. I hate that overrated company and I don't understand its popularity. Popular because it's expensive (overpriced) is all I can figure. No offense to any Apple lovers out there. That's cool if you love your Apple products, but I reserve the right to hate them. :)
stratatonic wrote: ↑
22 May 2021
Why...I have a birthday some months and days by that date as well! Isn't that neat?

Get outta here! You have a birthday, too? Crazy! That is pretty neat, actually.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2021

22 May 2021
22 May 2021

Ask for an iPhone... I'd rather ask for a kick in the nuts.
Well if you fix the birthday drink and snacks I can certainly oblige :).
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

VariableX

22 May 2021

22 May 2021
22 May 2021

Ask for an iPhone... I'd rather ask for a kick in the nuts. I hate that overrated company and I don't understand its popularity. Popular because it's expensive (overpriced) is all I can figure. No offense to any Apple lovers out there. That's cool if you love your Apple products, but I reserve the right to hate them. :)
stratatonic wrote: ↑
22 May 2021

sick that android are shit at audio, dont understand why an iphone might be priced higher? irony right here πŸ˜‚

challism

22 May 2021

VariableX wrote: ↑
22 May 2021
22 May 2021

sick that android are shit at audio, dont understand why an iphone might be priced higher? irony right here πŸ˜‚
I would argue it's about the software (operating system), not about the hardware. There are plenty of smartphones on the market that perform circles around iPhones. :)

VariableX

22 May 2021

22 May 2021
22 May 2021

I would argue it's about the software (operating system), not about the hardware. There are plenty of smartphones on the market that perform circles around iPhones. :)

yeah but a phone without software is a paper weight.

challism

23 May 2021

22 May 2021
22 May 2021

So is a phone whose manufacturer employs designed obsolescence.

DaveyG

23 May 2021

Android is moving in the right direction and it's a very BIG deal that Steinberg have release Cubasis 3 on Android as well as iOS. However, it only runs properly on the biggest, newest Android phones and tablets and those devices tend to be priced up towards the iPhone /iPad price bracket. There are other problems at present too. There are not yet any interapp audio or plugin standards on Android so apps cannot talk to each other. That will come with time but first there needs to be a much wider range of audio-friendly Android devices at sensible prices.

So you can make an audio app for Android, but the target devices that it would run on is a fairly small proportion of all the android devices out there. Most people using Android phones and tablets are not Apple-haters. They just choose to use cheaper stuff.

VariableX

23 May 2021

23 May 2021
22 May 2021

my iphone 4s still works wonderfully. my iphone 8+ is brilliant, my galaxy i got between these two went in the bin years ago ( phone recycling bin )

getting an iphone will work out cheaper cos you will have it longer and it will be better for audio...

challism

23 May 2021

23 May 2021
23 May 2021

my iphone 4s still works wonderfully. my iphone 8+ is brilliant, my galaxy i got between these two went in the bin years ago ( phone recycling bin )

getting an iphone will work out cheaper cos you will have it longer and it will be better for audio...
I'm glad you are happy with your phone. I'm happy with mine, too. I just wish some developers would release their apps to all platforms. I'm told that the reason they dont is because of a supposed latency issue. But I haven't noticed latency issues with my other audio apps (Bandlab, for instance, runs great).

Again, I'm glad you are happy with your phone. Great for you, man! I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything, just voicing my opinion.

VariableX

23 May 2021

23 May 2021
23 May 2021

I'm glad you are happy with your phone. I'm happy with mine, too. I just wish some developers would release their apps to all platforms. I'm told that the reason they dont is because of a supposed latency issue. But I haven't noticed latency issues with my other audio apps (Bandlab, for instance, runs great).

Again, I'm glad you are happy with your phone. Great for you, man! I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything, just voicing my opinion.
this isn't about if im happy with my phone or not....

its about me finding it ironic that you complain about your phone, but you bag the phone that does what you need.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

challism

23 May 2021

23 May 2021
23 May 2021

this isn't about if im happy with my phone or not....

its about me finding it ironic that you complain about your phone, but you bag the phone that does what you need.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Technically speaking, it isn't ironic. https://www.dictionary.com/e/ironic/
But I get your point, don't think that your humorous observation has not gone unnoticed.

• Information