Dreadbox Typhon mono Synth + DSp fx, worth it?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
EnochLight

19 Aug 2021

My Typhon Firmwre 4.0 beta updates:

- so regarding Program/Preset change being broken via MIDI CC - that was user error. I forgot to turn it on via Typhon’s advanced CC settings. Oops! :lol: So this works fine via USB-MIDI & traditional 5-pin DIN as well. My bad.

- USB Audio does in fact seem to be locked at 44.8 KHz. This means if your host won’t accept 48 KHz, you’re stuck using the traditional analog quarter inch jacks. :shock: :puf_unhappy: Looks like us Akai owners are SOL.

- Still haven’t got USB-Audio to work in Ableton Live 10 Lite or Reason 11 and 12. I’m on Windows and my primary interface is an RME Babyface Pro that I usually run at 44.1 KHz, so that might be my issue. Going to try and switch to 48 KHz and see if I can get Typhon to play nice.

Anyone giving Typhon Firmware 4.0 beta a spin?

Last thing: Dreadbox does *NOT* answer their emails.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

02 Oct 2021

Dreadbox just released Firmware 4 Beta 2 recently. Release notes can be found on their product page, but I'm happy to report that (using ASIO4ALL on Windows) USB-Audio works like a charm in Reason. So, similar to my Roland Aria stuff (MX-1, System 8, TB3, TR8), I'm able to sync via USB-MIDI, play via USB-MIDI (using the External Instrument Device and a keyboard controller), as well as use USB-Audio at 48 Khz in Reason alongside my RME Babyface Pro.

There's a slight bit of latency due to the inherent nature of Windows and ASIO4ALL, but it's pretty damn sweet nonetheless. :thumbup: :clap: Really hoping they deliver and offer 44.1 Khz support soon, and then I'll be able to use it with my Aka MPC Live 2. :thumbs_up:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information